The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New - "Best of All Worlds" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
This should be an interesting book for all lovers of the "Out of this World" plot.

"Best of All Worlds"

http://www.earthslargestmagicshop.com/

Filled with history, stories, and, most of all, magic, Best of All Worlds pays tribute to one of the greatest card tricks of all time: Paul Curry's classic card effect Out of This World.

Best of All Worlds is not just a book about a 'Magic Trick". It is an extensive, in-depth look at what Dai Vernon called "the card trick of the century."

Foreword written by Max Maven

Preface written by Michael Weber

Chronicling the creative evolution of this single magical effect over seven decades, Best of All Worlds brings the history and challenges of Out of This World to light. It is a unique collection of over thirty routines -- some old, some new, some never before seen in print -- submitted by the world's leading magicians. In addition to their personal performances, the contributors have given insight into and musings about how this classic effect has influenced their magic.

Out of This World has influenced some of the world's greatest magicians. It temporarily put a World War on hold. The odds of it actually happening are staggering.

Contributions from: Michael Ammar, Lee Asher, Gordon Bean, Norman Beck, Rafael Benetar, Arthur Benjamin, Francis Carlyle, John Carney, Tony Clark, Paul Curry, Daryl, Doc Dixon, Doc Eason, Jason England, Aaron Fisher, Roberto Giobbi, Tony Giorgio, Paul Green, Helder Guimarães, Howard Hamburg, Paul Harris, Joshua Jay, Luke Jermay, Wyman Jones, Richard Kaufmann, Kenton Knepper, Simon Lovell, Stephen Minch, Martin Nash, Darwin Ortiz, Richard Osterlind, David Regal, John Scarne, T. C. Tahoe, Tomas, Roy Walton, Gregory Wilson, R. Paul Wilson, Alan Zingg AND MORE!!!

Written and compiled by Brent Arthur James Geris, Bob Postelnik and Duppy Demetrius.

Over 350 pages, Hardbound
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It looks good.I see the forward and the preface were written by Max Maven and Michael Weber. Anyone know if either of these gentlemen have a version in there as well?
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Is that the ONLY shop that carries it? Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Thanks,

Nathan
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I was surprised not to see Harry Lorayne's name among the contributers listed.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Whad'd'ya mean? I'm "And more"! Unless, they decided not to use my contribution, which I think is my Out of this Universe, and you know something? I'd be glad about that - I'm a bit sorry now that I gave permission to use it. C'mon - in the real world - I'd rather you buy my book with my write up of the routine, than someone else's book. No? Hl.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
That's good to hear Harry. I couldn't imagine your thinking on this plot not being included in this big book.

Hope all is well with you.
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Harry, I think I have most of your books. They're great.

Still waiting for "Classic Collection 3" like many others.
– Karl Germain
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I'm in the all-star "And more" team as well Smile My contribution is an 'in the hands' version (no table and no piles) that can be done with a full deck but is better with a small packet of about 18 cards.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
There are a lot of great "red/black" routines missing from this book. Oh well. JP
abecarnow
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of abecarnow
Beautiful book, just received. Mr. Lorayne does appear in the book. But, remember, to support all the creative talent out there, buy Mr. Lorayne's books (ALL OF THEM) and buy Best Of All Worlds. Support creative talent. No fighting. Let's be happy that Mr. Curry started it all.

Abe
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
VIKING has it.

http://www.vikingmagic.com

ALEX
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Does anybody have the complete list of contributors to this book?
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
Richard Paddon
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Richard Paddon
Quote:
On 2010-01-26 00:23, MarkFarrar wrote:
Does anybody have the complete list of contributors to this book?

Check my post here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=110&14

Richard
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Richard,

Thanks.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
Canadian Guy
View Profile
Regular user
California
149 Posts

Profile of Canadian Guy
This book is now back in print if anyone is interested: http://www.themagicapple.com/all-magic/p......-special
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New - "Best of All Worlds" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL