The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Battle of the Sexes Movie Card Prediction Trick Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I posted something similar on "Good, Bad, Ugly (Tricks)" but it seemed this was really more appropriate for the "Penny for Your Thoughts" crowd:

I want to suggest a premise for a "battle of the sexes" trick using the awesome Chris Henderson movie card decks (check Tricks for Sale area). I want to talk about how my wife always wants to go to romantic chick flicks (show cards like Shakespeare in Love, the Proposal, She's Just Not that Into You, etc.) and I want special effects and body counts (Die Hard 87, Terminator 123, etc.). . .

The idea is that a true couple would compromise and sacrifice for each other. Call up a couple, have woman force your Chick Flick among a fan of movie cards you give her (Svengali principle), and have man also pick macho action movie from his force deck. Then, fan a set of "all movie" cards, and show that his chosen movie is the only macho action movie card in woman's fan (and it is facing away from woman volunteer and towards audience) and have similar outcome for man (has his companion's movie in his "full movies" deck.

Have you ever seen that trick done with cards (she gets his card; he gets hers?). Seems like Svengali or rough/smooth force deck on one side (a chick flick rough/smooth back to a deck with a bunch of "manly" flicks, one of which can be forced), and body bag caper among a bunch of mushy romances. This seems like a great and timeless premise, but I wonder if anyone can refer me to a "standard" card trick like this (it's McCombical prediction in second phase, but also a Svengali type force in first). Thanks, and check out Chris Henderson's movie cards.
mralincoln
View Profile
Loyal user
If I wasn't so busy, I'd have more than
220 Posts

Profile of mralincoln
Sounds interesting! I may have seen a male/female trick, but if so it was with a regular deck--not with a movie theme twist like that!
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1434 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I think it's a wonderful idea! BTW, I have been trying to find those Movie Decks.. I checked the for sale section, and tried several different phrases in the search function.. Is he still selling them?
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Yes, find Henderson in the search engine, and PM him. He still has a great selection.
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
Indiana -- Anyone w/ no life would have
563 Posts

Profile of Chris Henderson
Thanks Mumblemore. My post in the For Sale section automatically expires after a couple of weeks, but I still have many duplicate movie titles. Anyone can PM me for a list and pictures.
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"

--Gerry Spence
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Battle of the Sexes Movie Card Prediction Trick Idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL