The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Jumbo Multyplying Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Hello,

I look for some info about giant multiplying balls. I've seen only one magician using these and his name is Mandre - Mike Douglas.
The balls are around five nches in diametre and he used the s___l technique.

All I want to know is if this routine is his or he took it from some printed source.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any video or personal information about this magician.

Anybody can help with some input?

Thanks

Best,
Soleil
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Peter Gloviczki was a Doctor that performed a magic act in the 1970's, he was from Pennsylvania, I think he won at FISM or some big award that drew him a lot of attention in the magic magazines. He performed the Multiplying Zombie like spheres, cradled in his arms. This question has been asked previously several years ago and another member was kind enough to post his name. He also marketed a couple close-up tricks and one Ken Brooke (Famous deceased magic dealer.) even marketed.

To my knowledge he never published his method in any form. The spheres I see are available at http://www.52magic.com I have not seen any dealer importing them to the USA. The multiplication is very similar to the demo video at 52magic.

So, I would say it is not Mandre material, unless he is over 50 years old or so, and got permission from the originator.

What I am curious about is, why do you ask?
roberto37
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of roberto37
Peter Gloviczki was Hungarian and make a lecture in Argentina in 1975.
roberto37
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of roberto37
He also have a Linking rope routine that make a partenship with a Japanese manofacturer.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Peter Gloviczki is from Hungary, and is one of the world's leading vascular surgeons at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.

His giant multiplying balls, the size of Zombie balls, was a wonderful part of his act. His linking rope are terrific and marketed by Tenyo.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I just found out that Mak Magic has imported these Multiplying Steel Ball from china back in 2009. This is very exciting news. It is now available from one of our sponsers here on the Café at a very good price, compared to the $110.00 SRP.

http://www.topsmagic.com/p27774/Multiply......nfo.html

I have also since found out that a IBM and SAM Gold Medal Winner George Saterial also currently does a version of the Multiplying Zombie Ball.

Dr. Peter Gloviczki had published lecture notes on this effect. If anyone has these notes and would be willing to share, please PM me.

Click here to view attached image.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
These from the pictures are really good quality ones. A friend of mine has three sets of those.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
rhpeltz
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of rhpeltz
Does anybody know od a presentation video for Multiplying Zombie Balls
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 14:09, rhpeltz wrote:
Does anybody know od a presentation video for Multiplying Zombie Balls

All the video were taken done, and the balls are no longer available to my knowledge. I am glad I got a set.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Whatcha say I treat you today to the original! Smile This was quite the sensation in the day, especially when everyone was expecting a floating ball. I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Peter Gloviczki perform this live at the Atlanta Harvest of Magic... fuzzy on dates, but probably sometime in the mid 1980's?? His act otherwise was just as brilliant. Many things looked like real magic in my eyes.

This has never been explained by him to my knowledge, but moderate magic knowledge will probably give you the gist. Doing it, is a whole other thing!

I don't know if he has any involvement at all with magic these days (pity for us), but he is currently, as Pete mentioned, the head of vascular medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgG0_8lgLZc
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thank you Michael Baker for finding that video, I have never seen him in person. Someone said, they had his lecture notes, I thought it was you, in an old posting, the spheres were described in the notes. Boy, those spheres look like they were at least 5 inches in diameter. The ones I referenced above are only 3 inches in diameter and so not work like Peter Gloviczki's after watching the video. They work more like Ernesto Planas version on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU96EnWdQy0

I did email Peter Gloviczki but he never responded, so I guess he wants nothing to do with magic any longer.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Or you might say Ernesto Planas's version works more like Peter Gloviczki's version. Smile Planas's is good, but I feel a bit repetitive, and it tends to point to method. The audience will pick that up after having seen it once before.

I used to have Peter Gloviczki's lecture notes (2 different sets), but no longer. In them is a 3" MBB routine, but not for these larger ones. Yes, they were huge, much like the Zombie balls that magicians used to use before someone convinced them that smaller was better.

I made a set of 4" for myself years ago just to play with, not knowing of his exact method. Mine used one ball and 4 of those "other" things. I think his used two balls and 3 "other" things. I could be wrong. At any rate, 4" was plenty to handle. In fact, I made one set silver another painted as 8-balls (size of the Magic 8-ball), and another of varied pool balls to match a set of 2 1/8" that I was using.

I never tried 5" but doubt I would find it easy.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
That video clip must have been at the Paris FISM, as David Niven was there to tape various segments. I wrote one routine that he was involved with as a spectator sitting at a dinner table.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Pete, How much more of that earlier stuff is out there? I have some video clips from another FISM with Richard Ross and Tony Randall hosting. Some really great acts on it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
I believe I saw George Saterial do a routine with jumbo balls as well.

-Leo
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
George Saterial is the one that took his morning television appearance off his Jumbo Balls off his website. He some good technique.

The other was 2 Asian videos that were on 52 magic dot com to advertise the Multiplying Zombie Balls.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
This is the only person I have seen using that Idea, Ernesto Planas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU96EnWdQy0

RJH
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
463 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
A routine with large balls is explained on a DVD by Shiomi produced in Japan by Aivideo magic company. There are couple other Japanese magicians who also published DVDs on this subject like G. Honda, Shibuya and I think that Kitami Maki also produced a VHS on this subject long time ago. Most of them just call it "Silver balls".
Pete is right, video clip with Peter is from FISM Paris 1973. It was a part of Wonderful World of Magic TV show hosted by Bill Bixby. If I am right there are 24 episodes 20-25 min each but all acts were cut in many parts and some clips appeared in more than 5 episodes.
Michael the video you have is from FISM 1979 in Brussels with Magic Christian, Ger Copper, Sultangali Shukurov & Sara Kabigujina...

regards,
Bojan
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7550 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Trent James is doing a very good version of it...good enough to win the Bill Baird Manipulation Award at Abbotts this year.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I tried so hard to get Sultangali Shukurov & Sara Kabigujina for a show in the USA... had their visas pulled by the Russians at the last minute. Their act may be one of the best I HAVE EVER SEEN. Flip and I were watching them together and at their conclusion Fkip and I were both in tears.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Jumbo Multyplying Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL