The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kid Birthday Party Jidders... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

purpulhaze
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of purpulhaze
Tonight a friend of mine asked me over to a cook out his friend was having. He mentioned to everyone that I did magic. So I went to my car to get my case while everyone gathered in the living room. I was a bit nervous but didn't feel pressured much since I was not getting paid to do it. I guess I really blew evryone away. So much so that everyone was asking for my business card afterwards. Which I don't have since I took a while off from performing. I even got a paid birthday gig out of it.
This is the thing, I have never gotten paid to do a show before or done many kids shows. Which now I'm feeling the pressure to live up to. I am so nervous now that money is involved. This what I been waiting for the past 7 years and now that it is here I've been thinking of backing out of it.
I have 2 1/2 weeks and I don't even know where to begin. Can someone please help me out here. Any books or video suggestions would also be helpful.
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Plenty of books out there.
I've got some material that I can show you to help you out. Give me a call and lets talk about it. I'm in the phone book under magicians, Alexander Oliver the magic of. Heck, 686-1859.

oliver
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Purpul,
Don't back out!
It's only natural that you would be nervous before your first show; you wouldn't be human if you weren't.
But it will get easier and easier.
You obviously know your material, so that's not a problem (and that's usually the biggest problem!).

Just remember: You have the edge because you know what you are going to do and they don't!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The best place to learn is at a small party like this. Experience will improve your show.

Just Jump in.
Dennis Michael
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
You've just said you performed at the cookout and it went well, so just build off what you already have. Once you start the show the nerves will disapear.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kid Birthday Party Jidders... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL