The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » |Really Important |Parasols (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

orzamir
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of orzamir
I want to start with parasols, I have few questions!
1. I want to buy 7-parasols-set from penguinmagic on 45$ (http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=8670) and some 18" silks from them, prices ok? shipping is fast (im living in israel)
2. I need holders or something? or just what I said on (1) ?
3. I will be practice enougth to do a show with the umbrella on 20th february if I will order it tomorow?

thank you, it's really important because of (3) and I cant order if I don't know if I need more something...
thanks,
or.
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Profile of MichaelOzMagic
Wow on penguin that's a great deal! I think a year or two ago they were like 75 so I would say that's a great deal!! Also now about holders. They are very helpful when you are doing this effect! You could preform it without them but would be kind of ackward. I would also suggest getting the dvd parasol anywhere. Great dvd teaches you everything you need to no about them. Now you might be able to get a routine put together if you spend about an hour or two with them each day. Might seem like a lot of practice but if you want to preform them by then, that's what you are going to have to do!
Just my suggestions,
Michael
orzamir
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of orzamir
Ok, but I can order it now and maximum order holder and I will be able to use
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4893 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Orzamir, I'm not sure about the price but it seems to me that you don't really have enough time to practice this effect to the point that you can present it properly. With international shipping time, you probably won't get it until the first week in February. That only leaves no more than two weeks. I'm not saying you can't do it but two weeks really isn't enought time to develop any effect properly.
Where the magic begins
orzamir
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of orzamir
I have 10 mins routine and 2~3 mins inside for the umbrellas
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
766 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Orzamir, Dave is right you don't have enough time to get this act ready.
I recently retired from stage performing after many years and the parasol act was part of my routine.
You will need holders and other binding objects that will be discussed in the DVD Joker Lam provides with his set. This is the best source of parasol moves and techniques I've found.
Don't be misled by the ease he does his techniques with this takes 100s of hours to perfect. You will take a lot of time to work out the costume, placement of holders, and stealing techniques before you can even work on the routine you are thinking about.
I'm not trying to discourage you from doing parasol magic, keep working toward this goal but don't expect to have a finished routine in less than a month.
Also to answer your question $45 for the parasol set is good, but you will need holders and other items to finish out the entire routine so you are looking at around $100 USD just for the minimum props.

JC
Professor J. P. Fawkes
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I just checked the list prices for parasols thru Murphys
They sell parasol scabbards, holders and stands, so pretty much any dealer can help you there.
The sets of 4 sell for $44. list price, the 7 is list of $70 now, so the 7 on penguin site is lower than it should be for penguin, as that is the "cost".
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » |Really Important |Parasols (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL