We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Calling All Musicians! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
A little bit of guitar and keyboards. But have worked for many years in both voice overs and as a session vocalist. Still gig with the band. And yes one of my favourites mentalist acts is to get them to think of any song before I slip into the trance state, then do a little bit of humming before breaking into song. I always get it right... very strange.
Wrote my own album a few years ago. I thought it was excellent and it would appear that seventeen other people agreed(outside my immediate family of course who received a 15% discount).

bobser.
maybe someone both clever and daft enough should set up a place on the net where we can send in our performances.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
While I do not play an instrument, My voice was trained years back, I now perform in musicals Singing acting and danceing. We have won several awards in international light opera.Gilbert and sulliven being the most difficult operettas and the more light hearted ones being A funny thing happened on the way to the forum. That also said, at one time I did photography for bands here.

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
A true conversation:

“Honey, I have something important to ask. Do you know what this is?” I hold up a pack of playing cards and show it to my sweetheart.

“Sure, it’s a deck of cards.”

“Nope. Think of these as the ‘other woman’ in my life.”

“Oh...I thought that was the fiddle.”
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Instruments: Playing piano was my parents’ decision when I was 7, but I have loved it ever since, and play “contemporary” keyboard every Sunday at my church. Started playing the clarinet in junior high because I wanted to play "Begin the Beguine" like Benny Goodman.

Favorite Piece: Baby Elephant Walk (or almost anything else by Mancini)

How has it helped? Doing two different things with each hand while looking somewhere else. Timing and rhythm for misdirection. Overcoming shyness. Staying aware of subtleties and nuances.

Used confederates where a counted rhythm or tone change (interval) has transmitted information privately.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1935 Posts

Profile of ted french
Everyone n staff at http://www.papercranemagic.com is a musician and we write the music for our vids.
P3
practice practice perform.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2600 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
I used to play Sax, Piano and Flute...
now I cant barely play easy tunes

on that list.. I think
Mathieu Bich is also a Pianist and Paul Stockman's used to be a drummer
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1718 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I play the elecTRICK guitar!

I have also just bought a uke which was an inspired purchase from seeing John Archers amazing classical rendition whilst comparing (Unsure of the spelling) at the South Tyneside Magic Convention! (Can't play anything on it yet though!).

Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
A Wikipedia paragraph about one of my favorite jazz musicians, Mr. Chet Baker:

In 1952, Baker joined the Gerry Mulligan Quartet, which was an instant phenomenon. Several things made the Mulligan/Baker group special, the most prominent being the interplay between Mulligan's baritone sax and Baker's trumpet. Rather than playing identical melody lines in unison like bebop giants Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie, the two would complement each other's playing with contrapuntal touches, and it often seemed as if they had telepathy in anticipating what the other was going to play next. The Quartet's version of "My Funny Valentine", featuring a memorable Baker solo, was a major hit, and became a song with which Baker was intimately associated.
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1245 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
A little late to this discussion, but music is a bigger passion for me than magic or mentalism - blasphemy, I know! I've been playing guitar and attempting to sing since I was 13. For most of my life, I planned on working for a record label in marketing. Labels are dying and I had to change direction, but music still plays an important part in my life.

http://www.last.fm/music/Jeff+Travilla/B......the+Mind

http://www.last.fm/music/Jeff+Travilla/B....../October

-Jeff
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3047 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
My humble entry into this musical company is a lowly Minor in Music (voice and trombone) from N.I.U.

No doubt, studying music got my voice in shape, strengthened my sense of rhythm, tempo and dynamics, and hammered home the techniques of practice and rehearsal. It has also permitted me to add texture to my shows through the use of underscoring.

But equally important was studying theater and dance, for the multitude of large and small theatrical lessons on such topics as presence, movement, character, showmanship, tech, and professionalism.

Additionally, studying English (that's my B.A. degree) has been an immense help. Without it, writing effective presentations would have been incalculably more difficult.

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
Paul Vigil (if not already mentioned) can pull tears ~ when in the presence of his guitar proficiency...

In memory

Scar
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
I am almost finished with a comedy magic guitar act with all original comedy songs and a quick trick before each song. I have hooked up with a booking agent and will be performing around Seattle soon!
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
I played in two heavy metal bands from 1983 - 1989 as lead guitarist and lead vocals. Toured extensively in Canada and U.S.A.
LOST 20% hearing as a result of playing too loud with my Marshall amp at volume 11 (inside joke for Spinal Tap fans)

Played in a grunge rock band from 1991 - 1995.
LOST an additional 5% hearing

Wrote and recorded 3 childrens cd's from 2004 - 2010. Continue to play children's festivals and music festivals to this day as a musical children's act.
Pleased to announce that NO HEARING LOSS is reported from that time period.

These days I write and record my songs and cd's in my home studio. Mainly political folk rock with an industrial hard rock vibe. Still enjoy performing and recording when not performing magic full time. Everyone needs a hobby!

Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I play Acoustic guitar and a greek instrument called "Baklama"

Jazz, Bossa Nova and latinoamerican folcklore
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
353 Posts

Profile of Rudy
Learning the Harp now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Calling All Musicians! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL