The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Artistry of Milton Erickson MD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
If anyone is interested I have
"The Artistry of Milton Erickson MD" VHS (The monde and nick tape)
for sale in the DVDs and videos for sale page.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Erickson was a genius, no doubt of that. But many opf my hypnotist friends and I believe that there's also been a wee bit of bullsh-t written about his skills.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20428 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I do believe there was some exageration.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
There y'go. Danny Doyle thinks so too. Now then, how long will it be before a certain troublemaker turns up here to either argue against us or to confirm that Erickson truly was a bit of a nob. Either way, he'll have a go at someone, cos he's a very angry wee boy!
MP...!!! MP...!!! are you there???!!!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Exageration underated...

Its all in your mind take yer pick...

Personally I thought he was a purple weirdo. I found any video of his like watching paint dry. However some of the systems and language that was reportedly developed from studying him is pretty good.

The story goes Bandler hardly spent anytime with Erickson on the account he hated Bandler and didn't want him around - and most of the studying or "modelling" was carried out by Grinder.

I have read so much of this crap that I can't even remember where I read it. Or was told it at a seminar...

And Bobser I know you love me on here really...since good posts are hard to find.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Bandler will be on coast to coast am this Tuesday evening. Maybe someone could call in and ask him.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2010/01/26
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20428 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Speaking of boring LOL.

I find that the further away you are from an event, and the more people the story goes through, the less truth it seems to retain. Not no purpose probably it is just a function of the imperfect nature of comunication is all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I agree but then most of Bandler's "credibility" is based upon his stories many of which have been proved to be lies. He himself self says you are never to old to have a perfect childhood. Meaning you can re-invent the past.

One of his fantasies was that he was brought up in a hard working class type deprived area. When in actual fact he came from a very comfortable background and was quite shy as a youngster.

Mind you I can't remember where I read that article. But it also seems to be well known amongst many of the NLP community. Which I now have had nothing to do with for many years.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Artistry of Milton Erickson MD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL