The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cybersmudge1393
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of cybersmudge1393
Hello all,

I just have a question. I have been doing some coin tricks for a little while, using ungaffed coins. I want to buy some gaffed coins to play around with. I have scotch and soda, and copper silver brass, what are a few more I could purchase that are really good with a big impact? also does anyone know if thier is a coin kit that could be bought with multiple gaffs like a coun magic kit?

thank you all so much. all of you are always such a great help to a new magician like me.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3027 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
For a solid value, I recommend Hopping Half set.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8453 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yep, Riz is right as Hopping Halves presents a lot of value as to a variety of usable coin gaffs.

I'm not a big gaff guy but I would specifically suggest here getting yourself a simple Copper/Silver coin, you can do an awful lot with that as to some amazing and creative instant magic.

Good luck on your journey. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
bond
View Profile
New user
Victoria, BC
5 Posts

Profile of bond
I agree with Rizzo you actually get a couple of good coins with the Hopping Halves that you can work into other routines
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Definitely Hopping Halfs. There are so many things you can do in combination with ungaffed coins. It will keep you busy for some time.
Consider a small purse for them also.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
No doubt that Hopping halves is a great value. But if you have Copper Silver Brass, you already have a set that has a great impact. I've played with a lot of gaffs, but have found few that have the impact of CSB.

Another set that rocks is "Triple Threat" by Todd Lassen, but be prepared to spend quite a bit for that one ($400.00). Pricey, but killer!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Lest we not forget the beloved Flipper Coin! This was my favorite starting out.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1057 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I think that a copper/silver coin is a fantastic value. They are one of the least expensive gaff coins, and the most durable. Combined with regular coins and sleight of hand - the copper/silver coin can create miracles. Mark Jenest even has a hopping half effect (called Short Hop) that in my opinion is just as strong as the more expensive version - and more practical with easier re-set. You can find it on his "Miracles While You Wait" DVD.

Bobo also covers this gaff well. I think this is an excellent gaff for beginners and pros alike!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
I agree with the poster above. Copper Silver coins have an incredible value. You can do so much with it.
Looking for a coin?
A coin holder or accessory?
THE COIN MAGICIAN'S RESOURCE:
The Magician's Coin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL