We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Who stands on the Pedestal of Controversy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
I will never offer my last name to you
you hang out with people that have been banned from the Café for making dangerous threats to Café members.. lets never forget that

how´s raymond?
do you know if he sees colors jim?

hope your balloon twisting is doing good
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
By the way
if you give me names.. I think I should call you

El Bufon
the balloon twister

I think is a good fit
:-D

is only fair don't you think Jim??
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
...maybe it is still like old times. Smile
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 03:59, alpha alex wrote:
I will never offer my last name to you
you hang out with people that have been banned from the Café for making dangerous threats to Café members.. lets never forget that

how´s raymond?
do you know if he sees colors jim?

hope your balloon twisting is doing good


Danny, no dangerouse threats were made.

However if it is something you need to believe so be it.

Do have some very impressive footage of tests done with Raymond Hill for a segment of a new show.
(Will post it later).

Yes the ballon act is going to be part of the new show.

J ack

H.O.A-X

Click here to view attached image.
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
"Pluss my new rule is that if you do not offer your real first name I will give ya one that I think fits you."

I do not always agree with Jim but I do on this one, hiding behind an alias is weak at best and results in no accountability.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3383 Posts

Profile of Looch
Back from the Ether Jim?

You're not the first though...
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 08:09, tboehnlein wrote:

I do not always agree with Jim but I do on this one, hiding behind an alias is weak at best and results in no accountability.


Hear hear Thoehnlein. Did I spell that right?
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2077 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 19:54, Steve Brooks wrote:
Regarding Mr. Callahan - welcome back. Smile


Hi Steve,

I thought Jim was banned for life from the Café. Am I mistaken or did management have a change of heart?

Regards, Steve
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 10:16, yachanin wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 19:54, Steve Brooks wrote:
Regarding Mr. Callahan - welcome back. Smile


Hi Steve,

I thought Jim was banned for life from the Café. Am I mistaken or did management have a change of heart?

Regards, Steve


Steve, I never saw anything stating that Jim was "banned for life from the Café", probably just rumors. Do you have a link to where that was stated by the Café?

Anyway, Jim is back, and the owner of the Café welcomed him back in his above post, that should be good enough for anyone without further questioning.

Just trying to help.

I for one and quite happy about this because (besides being a friend) Jim has made significant contributions that have expanded my personal view of Magic and Mentalism.
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 07:28, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 03:59, alpha alex wrote:
I will never offer my last name to you
you hang out with people that have been banned from the Café for making dangerous threats to Café members.. lets never forget that

how´s raymond?
do you know if he sees colors jim?

hope your balloon twisting is doing good


Danny, no dangerouse threats were made.

However if it is something you need to believe so be it.

Do have some very impressive footage of tests done with Raymond Hill for a segment of a new show.
(Will post it later).

Yes the ballon act is going to be part of the new show.

J ack

H.O.A-X


N. Shyalaman did it on the 6th sense and lets not forget the death of the red balloon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3bDosf95bc

the combination of balloons + death in your hands sounds like a winner

like I said earlier.. I dig your routine, it is great, you are a great performer.. you just lose me with the raymond nonsense, but hey.. I also don't like the linking rings.. so keep it up. if that makes you happy all the power to you

by the way.. I think you should say whatever you want on stage.. we are magicians anyway. you just lose me when you try to keep it up here amongst your peers... is like somebody coming here saying that he is actually doing the full linking rings routine without the key ring.. that's just nonsense
Mentalist Sam
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Mentalist Sam
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 12:16, alpha alex wrote:
... is like somebody coming here saying that he is actually doing the full linking rings routine without the key ring.. that's just nonsense


I don't think it's nonsense. I've seen a full linking ring routine performed without a key ring. It's very possible and very effective. You just don't see it very often because everyone falls into the same trap.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
And YOUR opinion Danny...

My OPINION is that I love it!
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 12:38, Cozmo D wrote:
And YOUR opinion Danny...



Danny?.. really?
and I thought the CA´s loyals were ...
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 10:16, yachanin wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 19:54, Steve Brooks wrote:
Regarding Mr. Callahan - welcome back. Smile


Hi Steve,

I thought Jim was banned for life from the Café. Am I mistaken or did management have a change of heart?

Regards, Steve


Strange days indeed.

I don't think any hearts were changed.

That can be quite messy.

Have a good weekend.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
And that's what you get for thinking Danny
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
For a clown your jokes are really dull..
I hope jimmy-boy calls me more names so you get new material
:)
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 16:04, alpha alex wrote:
For a clown your jokes are really dull..
I hope jimmy-boy calls me more names so you get new material
:)


This has been resolved on this thread and is now also here.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=15&14

Best wishes and I bless you.

J ack


H.o.A-x
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2077 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 11:13, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 10:16, yachanin wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 19:54, Steve Brooks wrote:
Regarding Mr. Callahan - welcome back. Smile


Hi Steve,

I thought Jim was banned for life from the Café. Am I mistaken or did management have a change of heart?

Regards, Steve


Steve, I never saw anything stating that Jim was "banned for life from the Café", probably just rumors. Do you have a link to where that was stated by the Café?

Anyway, Jim is back, and the owner of the Café welcomed him back in his above post, that should be good enough for anyone without further questioning.

Just trying to help.

I for one and quite happy about this because (besides being a friend) Jim has made significant contributions that have expanded my personal view of Magic and Mentalism.


Hi Alexandre,

There is no link of which I am aware that indicates Jim was banned for life, but I checked my personal records and confirmed my initial recollection that he had been. I am just interested to find out how others, who have been banned, might be able to rejoin our community. There are several members that have contributed much in the past as well and if their banishment can be lifted, I would like to know how so that I can pass that information along to them. Would you agree that the possibility of reinstatement ought to apply equally for others who have been banned?

Regards, Steve
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Quote:
On 2010-10-02 01:26, yachanin wrote:

Hi Alexandre,

There is no link of which I am aware that indicates Jim was banned for life, but I checked my personal records and confirmed my initial recollection that he had been. I am just interested to find out how others, who have been banned, might be able to rejoin our community. There are several members that have contributed much in the past as well and if their banishment can be lifted, I would like to know how so that I can pass that information along to them. Would you agree that the possibility of reinstatement ought to apply equally for others who have been banned?

Regards, Steve


I would agree with that. Except in one particular case.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
On 2010-10-02 01:26, yachanin wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 11:13, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 10:16, yachanin wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 19:54, Steve Brooks wrote:
Regarding Mr. Callahan - welcome back. Smile


Hi Steve,

I thought Jim was banned for life from the Café. Am I mistaken or did management have a change of heart?

Regards, Steve


Steve, I never saw anything stating that Jim was "banned for life from the Café", probably just rumors. Do you have a link to where that was stated by the Café?

Anyway, Jim is back, and the owner of the Café welcomed him back in his above post, that should be good enough for anyone without further questioning.

Just trying to help.

I for one and quite happy about this because (besides being a friend) Jim has made significant contributions that have expanded my personal view of Magic and Mentalism.


Hi Alexandre,

There is no link of which I am aware that indicates Jim was banned for life, but I checked my personal records and confirmed my initial recollection that he had been. I am just interested to find out how others, who have been banned, might be able to rejoin our community. There are several members that have contributed much in the past as well and if their banishment can be lifted, I would like to know how so that I can pass that information along to them. Would you agree that the possibility of reinstatement ought to apply equally for others who have been banned?

Regards, Steve


Absolutely Steve. And in a couple of cases it has already happened (though more quietly than Jim's return).

I feel some who have been banned, have chosen to go all out in assaulting SB and the Café, which is fine, they have the freedom of speech to do so, but it'll be hard for them to be invited back.

Some won't want to return regardless. Internet forums can suck a lot of your time, especially this huge and involved one called the Café.

On the other hand, we all make mistakes, and friendship, life, and even forgiveness, are much more important than a misplaced comment, an unthinking reaction, or tom foolery some may have committed on here to warrant a ban in the past. SB, from what I understand, is a busy man, and though he may in the course of his day to day life personally bring back a banned member or two, nothing prohibits a banned member from writing a sincere letter to SB in hopes of being reinstated.

In the end, like it or not, we're all connected by this unique interest of ours, and I'm willing to bet most of us have a lot more in common than we may imagine, so with all the bickering and fighting that goes on here, if we were to meet at a convention somewhere, we would most likely be friends, at least for the day, and we would certainly leave saying ...

"Hey you know what? That guy is not so bad after all." Smile


In the spirit of forgiveness and brotherhood, I'm all for bringing as many banned members back as possible! As they walk back in, remind them that this is Steve Brook's house, and if they want to continue hanging out here, they will need to keep their emotions in check. Think three times before posting something you may later regret. It's like being in someone's house as an invited guest and you simply hate the food, but you think better of spitting the food out on the table or outright insulting the chef.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Who stands on the Pedestal of Controversy? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL