The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Road...an ebook (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Well, I mentioned an upcoming ebook, and here it is...
http://www.deceptionsunlimited.com/products.html

We'll do some proper promo in the coming days, but I figured that I would mention it here first. We will start sending them out tomorrow (Monday, the 18th.) Yell if you have any questions. Thanks everybody.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
AnDraíodóir
View Profile
New user
Ireland
89 Posts

Profile of AnDraíodóir
Rick,

Thanks for the heads up! Should be making a purchase in the next few days!

Take care,
Phil
Philip Ryan

"The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know" -Socrates
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Sold , paid , looking fwd to reading tonight Rick .
Mark
E.O.I
Franky
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Franky
I have by now these two manuscripts and I must say the routines are brilliant.

Cheers

Herbert
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Bought it immediately (paypal'd you). I loved all your earlier stuff too.
BTW... you ARE the same guy who opens by looking at the audience and going:........ "Boo!".
That's right, yeah?

bobser
ps: Looking forward to reading it Rick. Take care.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
PTPB'd!

2 sets of lecture notes from Rick and only...$22.00 ???

Zowee!! Yea for the philosophy of making a quick nickel instead of a slow dime. At these rates everybody can afford them.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1239 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Definitely, this is a very good deal that no one can miss it.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2010-01-18 13:26, bobser wrote:

BTW... you ARE the same guy who opens by looking at the audience and going:........ "Boo!".

That's right, yeah?

Was not Max Maven who did that ??
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Are there any really good one-on-one items in the ebook?

Elliott
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6442 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
This is a great set of lecture notes at a great price!!! Really good stuff inside. Now, at the end, there are two effects that are just fantastic!!! The presentations are perfect, but the methods made me scream. They are so good that I wanted to send a group of musically inclined monkeys over to Rick so they could tie him up for me and stop him from putting this out!!!

Collect Call and Celebrity Impressions are gold!!! The methods for both were created by a mad, funny genius. Collect Call's method immediately had me thinking of various other ways to use it. And Celebrity Impressions also had me chomping at the bit to work out my own use for it.

The man's a genius!!!

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Sounds awesome! Are there any really good one-on-one items in the ebook?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6442 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
He's got a great open prediction type of effect. When I first read it I thought he was going to say it worked with some sort of gimmicked cards and was surprised to find it was just regular cards.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Greg. I'll probably pick it up once I read a detailed review. I've become pretty cheap about buying new stuff, but I liked the other Rick Maue items I purchased.

Elliott
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3195 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Greg I agree with you called call and celebrity impression are crazy...the open prediction also GREAT!
Anyway there is gold everywhere in this ebook!
:)
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
[quote]On 2010-01-18 15:18, PsiDroid wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-01-18 13:26, bobser wrote:

That's right, yeah?

Yep.. that's Maven
and just like cheek-chin routine you better not use that joke
since nobody ever used a boo in a Mentalism context

:-D I love that guy!
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Just to let everyone know, Bobser was just joking in regard to the Boo thing. I am one of those guys that always rants about people that steal from others, so please don't think that he was serious.

And thanks for the really nice words everyone, I'm very glad that you like The Road. But man, you should see my unpublished variations, plus the additional subtleties. Perhaps someday... Smile

But seriously, my goal with this ebook was to buck the trend a little and put out some decent mentalism at a very affordable price. My friends told me to charge more, but that's just not my style. If you guys are happy, then I did the right thing.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Awesome! Just ordered, can't wait. Still looking forward to the Terasabos DVD and hardback BOHM mentioned here, http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15 and HOPEFULLY Occam's Magic.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
I really enjoy Rick Maue's work, and thought I'd give this a try. My initial impressions are that the effects are interesting, and although they are put forward as being professional pieces which have been extensively 'road tested' as such, they are not outwith the scope of the amateur duffer in terms of the basic moves. As usual, RM keeps these to a pared-down minumum, the emphasis always being on the effect sought rather than the cleverness of sleight or gimmick. Where there is something 'special' required, such as a clever (but simple) envelope that you need for one of the effects, you are taken through how to construct it step-by-step in text and photos. There is a thoughtful text on the use of an 'out' which is not an 'out' in that it won't give you 100% cover, but will instead use the overall context of what you're doing to make your miss credible.

The descriptions are similar to the 'Book of Haunted Magic' in terms of being divided into performance, method, and 'remains', and are clear and easy to follow. The text is engagingly written, and the content has been professionally put together with due attention having been paid to the layout and grammar / spelling so as not to irritate those of us who care about such things.

As Rick Maue's toe-dip into the world of ebooks, this has very similar plus points to his 'Book of Haunted Magic' (which is excellent value for money for anyone who doesn't have it), in that it is well priced and with interesting and usable range of contents, well described. Good value for money, a good addition to the ebooks out there.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Just ordered it...can't wait Smile
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
Me too, this morning.....waiting with baited breath.........8-)
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Road...an ebook (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL