The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pinnacle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
Pinnacle:

£12.50 or $20

Most of the time I will buy a trick because of either a video demo, seeing the trick in person, or hearing how good it was from someone else. Sadly most of the time when I receive it I am disappointed, the amazing thing about Pinnacle was that I never got this feeling.

Throughout the DVD explanation I was sitting there thinking “My god, that really is clever but yet makes sense.” I say “makes sense” because there are no strange moves or sudden actions that look awkward, the positions and sleights are exactly what they look like in the demo.

The quality is incredible for the price, it is very well shot, occasionally the screen splits to help with a certain move, which I found very handy. His voice is clear and comprehensible, he does not have a strong accent (Strange for a 100% Polak?) and his speech accompanies the explanation perfectly.

You get two rubber bands in the package, they are ordinary bands but are VERY elastic, they stretch from 9cm to 40cm. You also get a cool business card type holder which has the band in a triangle.

I am new to rubber band magic and found this a real delight, when you watch the demo it is like real magic, but what is really impressive is that when you perform it, it is still like real magic. It is easy to pick up and understand but the difficult part is putting it all together smoothly, with correct timing. Once I get it down I will be showing this to everyone, it really is that much fun.

The only downside about this trick I found is Miracle Finish, it looks nice but sadly unworkable from my point of view.
Quality: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Trick Effect: 10/10 (The ring is borrowed!)
Value: Good, cheap for a DVD!
Overall: Amazing trick, it is as real as you can get, it borrows someone’s ring, it is the most visual magic I own, too good to be true.

Basically stop fishing for secrets because even if you know how it is done it still retains maximum impact, a guaranteed gem which you can take and perform ANYWHERE.

Andy Smile
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
Hi Andy
I only feel it is right to thank you for this review. It does seem wrong that someone should write a review then recieve no feedback from other buyers or prospective buyers. I will start the ball rolling and will thankyou for your review that has encourgaed me to buy the product. This is mainly based on the honesty of the review,
Cheers
Stephen
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I agree 100%. This is a great trick. I don't have a ring to practice with. I'll go buy one soon. I really look forward to doing this, keep up the great work. Smile
Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
Thanks for your comments, I hope that this has swayed people who were questionning the impact and practicality of Pinnacle,
Big Jeff,
I know what you mean, I had to borrow my dads, which then ended up going through the washing machine! He wasn't too happy so now I have to use mum's smaller one which is harder to use.

Andy Smile
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
Thanks Andy,great review. Im the one who was questioning the Miracle Finish,but its irrevelant now,you gave such a good review it doesn't matter,Russ should put you on the payroll,thanks again Smile

and im sure ill thank Russ when I get the DVD too Smile
Derek
Derek Johnston
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pinnacle (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL