The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy Workshop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
On 2010-01-24 20:30, billm55 wrote:
Dmkraig is a know-it-all no matter what thread he's on. He's an expert on anything and everything.

[ ] Dmkraig is an expert on anything and everything.
[x] NLP is pseudoscience.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Davit sicseek :

don't fool around with dmkraig:

he and his pal; old dog bobser know all [or so they think]
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Dmkraig may be an expert on everything, but what the heck is a pseudo-skeptic? Is that some who pretends to be skeptical?

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quick question.

How much of the material covered in this workshop will be original and unpublished info? Is any of the workshop content to be found in any of Bob's previously published works?

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey kambiz

from what I understand there is going to be a mix of things, old and new.
Jazz mentalism, for example. is something that bob talks about a lot in his work-- the big difference is going to be having hands-on exploration of the technique(s) while being guided by the master.

I also have it on good authority that he will be tipping work that has not been published anywhere as far as I know-- including "the plexiglas box" which is one of those "worth the price of admission" ideas for the perform who wants to have Q&A as part of their professional repertoire.

plus the special guests!... which knowing bob-- even if only a little-- I'm willing to bet will make this workshop something not-to-be-missed.

I'm going to stop now because I feel like I'm getting caught up in my own hype here... but needless to say, I can't wait.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Well, certainly, there will be references to Bob's existing body of work (Hanussen, Scorpio and Jazz Mentalism). While we may draw from them, those works can be purchased through Lybrary. It would be best (but not imperative) to be familiar with some of them.

Also, some of what we will be discussing is the development of Q & A as it has existed and exists today, so that we may give the you a solid background. This will allow you to formulate your own next step in the evolution of Q & A. Of course, there will be many, many new ideas never taught or seen before--like the plexiglass box approach, which Bob and I came up with together (and I have used with great success).

The key here is that this workshop will be a very intense, "hands-on" workshop with a dynamic, interactive component. We are not discussing broad topics like close-up mentalism, hypnosis, stage mentalism, marketing, or philosophical discussions on ethics/disclaimers or what mentalism is or isn't. We are focused on Q & A and giving you the tools to do it right.

Of course, this includes (but is not limited to): switches, steals and other techniques employed to perform Q & A. It also includes not just getting information, but mastering how to deliver it back in a way that is both powerful and impactful to your audience.

It is our hope that while there will be scintillating, stimulating discussion, you will leave with a comfort level such that you can put Q & A right into your act. You will walk away with something concrete for your investment. Tangible skills.

Think about how much money is spent on gimmicks, devices, and other toys. This is an unbeatable deal. No device or DVD you purchase comes with 26 hours of unrestricted, semi-private instruction from a master. At this workshop you leave with an act. Not Bob's Q & A act, not Dunninger's, not Kreskin's. Your own Q & A act.
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2010-02-19 02:32, jeremysweiss wrote:

The key here is that this workshop will be a very intense, "hands-on" workshop with a dynamic, interactive component. We are not discussing broad topics like close-up mentalism, hypnosis, stage mentalism, marketing, or philosophical discussions on ethics/disclaimers or what mentalism is or isn't. We are focused on Q & A and giving you the tools to do it right.

Jeremy,

I'm sure the Bob Cassidy workshop will be top-notch. Bob is a friend and I would expect nothing less.

However, since every item you've listed in the above paragraph is straight out of the curriculum of my workshop coming up next week, I feel that I should clarify this mischaracterization. We are not tackling these topics in any kind of broad way at all. As Bob is doing, I will be approaching these topics in a similar, hands-on fashion with many effects taught and mastery of each the main goal.

My workshop is not for beginners, but rather for the advanced performer and student.

I just wanted to clarify our position and wish you good luck with your event. I'm sure it will be stellar.

Richard
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Mr. Osterlind:

Your post is so important to me that I am sending this from my cellphone, so please forgive any spelling errors. Firstly, let me say that I consider you a great inspiration and if I could, I would be attending your workshop myself. I am certain it wil be of tremendous value to anyone and everyone who takes it.

In no way was I trying to disparage your endeavor. Merely, I was trying to emphasize that Bob's workshop is very, very focused. In fact, this will be viewed by some as a strength and by others as an Achille's heel.

I know I don't have to wish you luck because your workshop will be a great success. Again, I wish I could be there as well.

I hope you forgive this misunderstanding. I regard you with very high esteem.

Warmly,
Jeremy
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1131 Posts

Profile of Chris
I just wanted to confirm that all of Bob Cassidy's ebooks and a few other items from him are available at the Lybrary. Your two best entry points are a list of all of Bob's products http://www.lybrary.com/bob-cassidy-m-41.html and his famous or infamous 39 Steps to Mentalism http://www.lybrary.com/thirtynine-steps-mentalism-a-10.html
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Expect a downloadable MP3 regarding the workshop in the next few days. It will provide some answers to frequently asked questions.....
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
For those of you who are interested, Jeremy and I have completed our Jazz Mentalism Workshop Podcast in which we discuss many of the details regarding my upcoming Q & A workshop. You can download it or listen to it free at the Jazz Mentalism site at http://sites.google.com/site/jazzmentalism/

Good thoughts,

Bob Cassidy
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Excellent !
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Man, if I could, I'd walk over hot coals to attend. Bob's material and thoughts are priceless.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
I so want to go. I'm trying to make this work out
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Thanks for the heads-up about the podcast.
I'll give a listen...

but you don't have to sell me I'm really looking forward to this thing.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
Very gutted I can't make this!

However I will be making a point of speaking to Mr. Cassidy later this year and I want to work out how to bring this to the UK!

Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
I listened to the pod cast and this event seems like a time NOT to miss.

Unfortunately, I will miss it! But look forward to seeing Bob lecture/perform again at Mindvention.
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
Will be there in spirit.
Kim
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Just a note to several on the Café who have asked us to hold spots at the workshop for them - since the attendance is limited we cannot "hold" spots much longer. So if you are planning to attend please complete your registration as soon as possible.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Good thoughts,

Bob Cassidy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

After reading the following news story, I doubt that the Q&A workshop will ever be presented in Saudi Arabia.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/03/1......l?hpt=T2

Good thoughts,

Bob Cassidy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy Workshop (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL