The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy Workshop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I just read about the Bob Cassidy workshop:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=31&5

I've heard a rumour that the subject of the workshop will be "Jazz Mentalism."

Sign me up, Bob!
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
PM me for details
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Man, this is going to be a good one. I wish that I had the time to take part. If you have the means to make it to this workshop, you are silly not to attend.

-rob
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I think this discussion shows the difference between studying and training.

You can learn ABOUT NLP by studying books and watching a couple videos. If you want to use the concept of NLP for misdirection, those books will give you basic idea. If you wish to use an idea or two from NLP AS an effect, look at some of the stuff by Kenton. Be aware, however, that you'll always need an out.

If you want to learn NLP to achieve self-change or help others change, go to an in-person training where your trainer is certified through a recognized NLP organization.

Learning NLP from a book is like learning that fire is hot from a book. The reality is a different experience.

If the training is done properly, the trainer USES NLP in the training. If the theory is accurate, the result is that you get learnings you may not even be aware of until they are needed.

This may seem like crap to the pseudo-skeptics, but it is common for hypnotherapists to have clients tell them "I had a realization that changed me." They don't remember that this was exactly the suggestion the hypnotist made while they were in hypnosis and believe they came up with it by themselves. I forgot who said it (One of the "E"s, I think: Elman? Erkickson?), but it seems that results are more effective when the client thinks they came up with the realization.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey dmkraig

I think you might have pasted this post into the wrong thread...
except: from what I understand Bob's workshop will be hands-on and performance oriented.
so....
billm55
View Profile
Regular user
Des Moines, Iowa
144 Posts

Profile of billm55
Dmkraig is a know-it-all no matter what thread he's on. He's an expert on anything and everything.
Bill Mogolov
The Mental Magic of M
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Good news! We just found out that the venue is allowing us more room due to a change. Therefore, we can accommodate more students while still maintaining the high degree of individualized attention. Because of this change, we have dropped the tuition to $500. Refunds to students already registered have been taken care of.

Jeremy
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Hey Jeremy,

That sounds great! that makes an excellent workshop a great bargain as well!

For me it much more doable, I'll just have to work out a few things before I can commit 100%.

I'll keep you posted,

Paul
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2266 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I was the first to register for this at $1000.00 and I thought it was a steal then! Now it's only $500, I'm twice as happy! I hope to see you there Dave and Paul.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Well, for those who have signed up so far....we have confirmed at least one "special guest" who has agreed to give a special presentation! I can't yet reveal his name yet. More surprises to follow.
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey christopher

baby-willing
bob giving hands on billet advice?
and guiding me through my Q&A work?

the bells are being sewn on as I write.

dave
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Dave-

How are you going to explain the bells to airport security?

Look forward to seeing you there.

Good thoughts,

Bob
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Thanks bob...

the bells are strictly carry=on

d
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Just note that the 5-7 min act that the attendees can perform (for evaluation and feedback) is optional.
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
I have repeatedly been asked to post this. So here goes:

Bob Cassidy's Jazz Mentalism Workshop

Special Announcement!
To accommodate more interested registrants and to reduce the overall costs, the registration fee for this event has been adjusted as noted below.

Seattle, Washington

An Intensive Seminar and Workshop for Professional Mentalists, Semi-pros and Advanced Amateurs

WHEN: April 23rd, 24th and 25th - (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Informal “night before” gathering on Thursday, April 22nd (See schedule below for details)

WHERE: Courtyard Seattle Southcenter Marriott  (free transportation from SeaTac International Airport)

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/se......hcenter/

Due to the hands-on and one-on-one nature of this event, registration is limited

Syllabus:

Mastering Billets:
Intensive hands-on sessions devoted to all aspects of classic and modern billet work, with
special focus on the techniques used in the Jazz Mentalism approach to Q & A

"Q &A" - The Major Effect in Mentalism:
Lecture and hands-on sessions covering classic models and innovative modern handlings
Includes:

• Analysis, psychology and in-depth instruction in the classic
Baldwin/Sunshine/Dunninger/Volta/Nelson approaches to Q&A

• The Hanussen Technique and variants, including the Scorpio approach

• Steals, switches and reads

• Impression devices, proper preparation and handling, the right devices to use,
allaying suspicion, impromptu impressions

• The New Plexiglas box

• The Handwriting Analysis approach

• Blindfolded Q and A and modern innovations

• The Art of Answering

• "Audience reading" approach

• Cold reading integration

• Misdirections - The Logical Disconnects of Q & A and billet work

• Jazz Mentalism - the most powerful Q and A approach extant

Note: Since all elements of the workshop are performance oriented, interested registrants
will be invited to present a 5 to 7 minute routine for professional analysis and critique of
handling, presentation and stagecraft. This is optional.

Tentative Schedule of Events

Thursday, April 22nd
8:00 PM - For registrants who arrive early, there will be an informal "meet and greet"
with Bob in the lounge.

Friday, April 23rd
10:00 AM – Noon: Material distribution and informal discussions with early arrivals
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Jazz Mentalism Workshop Session 1
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Session 2

Saturday, April 24th
9:00 AM – Noon: Session 3
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Session 4
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Session 5

Sunday, April 25th
9:00 AM – Noon: Session 6
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Session 7

Registration fee: $500.00 (Registration is limited to insure one-on-one attention to all participants.)
Note: Lodging and transportation are not included.

The registration fee covers ALL of the following:
Continental breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday (Coffee and beverages will be available).

The Jazz Mentalism Workbook, seminar notes, CDs of relevant writings (including exclusive new materials and presentations prepared especially for the workshop), and all required physical materials for the hands-on sessions.

By registering to the event, all participants agree to keep exclusive materials confidential. They may not be copied, shared or distributed in any manner. Attendees, however, are granted full performance rights, including television, to original routines and handlings taught in the Workshop.

For further information and to register contact:   jeremysweiss@yahoo.com
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Update:

Every mentalist who performs Q & A for audiences knows that nothing else comes as close to real mind reading. Nothing has more impact on an audience or is more memorable. This is why Q & A and billet work are the heart of mentalism.

For those who plan on attending the 2010 Jazz Mentalism Workshop in April, we are working on adding something special. However, we wanted to make sure that this bonus would not cut into our workshop time, so it will take place on Thursday (4/22) night (in addition to the meet and greet).

What is the bonus? We are also trying to arrange for Bob Cassidy to actually perform his live show before a real audience. (Of course, registrants will be able to attend free.) Cassidy will do his act and you will see the power of Q & A firsthand. You will get to see it in action in a way that has been unavailable anywhere else and hasn't been shared with the fraternity before.

In addition to the wealth of information provided during the workshops, this added bonus will function as a touchstone for discussions. Throughout the workshop Bob will be tipping the real work of Q & A.

When you attend this workshop, you are going to leave being able to perform one of the most powerful, awe-inspiring feats of mentalism. For close up, parlor or for stage, you will be able to put Q & A into your act with confidence.
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
So we now have confirmed TWO special guests for the workshop. One will be delivering a fantastic presentation. Both are among The Mentalism Cognoscenti. It is an honor to have them on board. Those that are registered are going to be thrilled by this line up.
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
Gutted I will miss this!!!

I hope Bob will be covering some of this at MindVention!

Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Unfortuately, no. He will not.
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy Workshop (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL