The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy Workshop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
192 Posts

Profile of Torkova
Yeah, you don't want to mess with the "religious police".

Yikes!
Bobby
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Unfortunately, on Friday, my father suffered an unexpected cardiopulmonary arrest. I am in Florida right now. He is expected to pass away this weekend. For those that have inquired, the workshop will still take place as planned, though I will have a bit less focus on it. I am sure you all understand.

My father was the one who started me on the road to "magic" and the strange, unexplainable and unusual. He was always very supportive and was even at my last show (that debuted the plexiglass box). It is still going to be the best workshop EVER, because he would have wanted it to be that way. Thank you all so much for the outpouring of love, best wishes and support.

Jeremy
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Hey Jeremy,

I'm very sorry to her about your father...my prayers go out to you and your family.

Take care,

David
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3089 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Our thoughts are with you Jeremy.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
All my best wishes Jeremy!

Paul
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
192 Posts

Profile of Torkova
Am so sorry to hear, Jeremy. Best wishes to you and your family.

Bobby
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Again, thanks for all the good wishes and kind words. It has been a tough day. Your support is greatly valued. I am far away from my wife and family right now, so you guys are keeping me sane.

Thinking about you, and the workshop gives me something fun to think about and look forward to. As I said, it is going to rock.
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Many people have communicated to me that they are interested in the workshop but cannot attend. They have also inquired if the materials will be made available for purchase. It was our intention to release the materials after the workshop at a higher price.

However, one individual has registered but cannot attend. I promised that person that any materials (including the plexiglass box), workbooks and video will be made available to him (but he must still sign the non-disclosure agreement). In the interest of fairness, I will extend the same offer to you.

If you are interested in the workshop materials, plexiglass box, etc. You may register for the workshop and will receive all the materials (except the bonus presentations) that come out of the workshop. However, you will not get the main value--which is, of course, hands-on instruction by Bob Cassidy.

Again, after the workshop we intend to release workbooks, written material and video, but at a higher price.

Feel free to contact/pm me if interested.
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Friend Jeremy,
So sorry to hear your sad news. Sending you and your family Love and Light. Let me know if you would like to talk.
-JS
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Jeremy,

My thoughts are with you at this sad moment.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Thank you all for your wonderful PMs and well wishes. Your kindness has been overwhelming and has given me great strength from which to draw. I am truly a lucky man to have so many wonderful, creative, thoughtful people who I am am proud to call my friends.

Sorry to derail this thread. When I get back over the next few days, I will turn my focus back to the workshop. In the meantime, in know that Bob has still been working his brains out to make sure that this workshop will be unrivaled.

Jeremy
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Well, the Cassidy Workshop is less than 3 weeks away....I am happy to report everything is on track.

As an FYI: registrants will receive a little special discount from Thaumaturgy!...and a little preview of something Christo has been working on!

Mr. Torkova will also be giving his billet lecture as an extra bonus!

More treats are in the works....
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Sounds great Jeremy!

How many registrants are there?
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2266 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I just heard some great news about this workshop that I am very excited to share with all. The faculty of the event has been expanded to impressive proportions by none other Mr. Mike Webber. As if that were not enough, Torkova will be speaking on the history of billet work. AND, there will be valuable contributions from Jheff and John Stetson. Oh, and I am pleased to say that I will be providing sneak previews of a couple of new devices from my own company. This is going to be a blast.

Hope to see you all there,

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Gack. Let me correct the rumor mill....Stetson (who I can't wait to see)...may drop in as an attendee.

Michael Webber, whoever that is, will DEFINITELY NOT be there. A different person with homonymic properties might be, though. But, I want it corrected. Michael Webber will not be there.

:winker:

Jeremy
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
This keeps getting better and better!
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Quote:
On 2010-04-05 17:18, jeremysweiss wrote:
Gack. Let me correct the rumor mill....Stetson (who I can't wait to see)...may drop in as an attendee.

Michael Webber, whoever that is, will DEFINITELY NOT be there. A different person with homonymic properties might be, though. But, I want it corrected. Michael Webber will not be there.

:winker:
I will be working on the east coast Friday evening. I'll take a red eye and be with you Saturday and Sunday.

Jeremy
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Quote:
On 2010-04-05 21:26, Jon Stetson wrote:
I will be working on the east coast Friday evening. I'll take a red eye and be with you Saturday and Sunday.

Jeremy

That Stetson thinks this workshop is so valuable pleases me to no end. Let me all tell you that Jon was in the show that entirely changed my view on how performance should be done. It was a transformative experience.

Todd Robbins, my friend and mentor gave me tickets to Monday Night Magic. I sat next to Simon Lovell, Randi and Teller. Francis Menotti (sp?) came out and did his fantastic straitjacket. I watched Randi (who escaped an SJ over Niagra Falls) and Teller (who has 2 out of the 5 best SJ in history) watch FM get out of this jacket. And while I was sitting there I had to ask myself, "What do these two guys who must know all there is to know about SJ escapes possibly be getting out of watching this guy get out of this SJ?". As I sat there pondering the question, I realized that the answer was that they were not looking for any method....they were enjoying THE PERFORMANCE. It is all about PERFORMANCE.

Stetson came out and blew away the audience! He did the most engaging magic square I had ever seen. He did a tossed out deck that fried the audience. He did a word divination from a newspaper that was fantastic. It was his PERFORMANCE, not his methods, which made "magic" what it could be.

I hope that I could be 1/10th as entertaining as Jon. To know that I MIGHT, in some small way, be a part of something that Jon finds valuable gives me huge satisfaction. Jon, you have no idea what impact your great performance would have the night I saw it.

Let that be a lesson for all performers. You never know how you might inspire others--so you are always obligated to give it your best.

Anyways, I have already gotten several angry PMs about calling Michael Webber "HOMONYMIC" and I have to address them....HOMONYMIC folks. "...NYMIC"!!!
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
192 Posts

Profile of Torkova
Well said, Jeremy. I couldn't agree more about Jon. He's the best and am glad he'll be able to join us at the workshop.

Bobby
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
"Anyways, I have already gotten several angry PMs about calling Michael Webber "HOMONYMIC" and I have to address them....HOMONYMIC folks. "...NYMIC"!!!"

If only people would actually spend that time and energy on learning the meaning of words instead instead of getting riled up over nothing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy Workshop (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL