The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sleuth by Michael Murray (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
magicden
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
103 Posts

Profile of magicden
I have tested it on 6 people now and the only person that did not notice or question caps on the back of the card was an 11 year old boy.
This is now in my drawer.
If there is another run made maybe to make the letters more subtle would be a good idea.
Den
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1619 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Although I've never had this issue when performing for the public I welcome all feeback and as with beyond ESP I may use any constructive feedback towards the second printing!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2382 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I used Sleuth again last night and on someone who knows a fair bit about mentalism. They were greatly impressed and none the wiser having looked over the card.

In my countless uses of Sleuth no one 'has smelt a rat' and, keeping it in my wallet, is always handy should I need to present something.
magicden
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
103 Posts

Profile of magicden
I find that amazing that no one has commented to you.I took it to a club social night last night to try it out and get opinions, picked a person to try it out on and as he was reading the back asked why it said c----e t--.
He noticed it straight away and it is far too obvious.
Den
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2382 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Nope. No one has ever detected anything amiss when I have performed it & have used it in all sorts of situations, one to one as well as in groups.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
I have had the same experience as NeilS. Perhaps the wrong participant is being chosen by those having problems. I like to pick my spots. In addition, if possible I ask them to read the back aloud and then turn over the card and look at the front. I then request that they nominate their initial reaction, to trust their instinct, which they are told later was, in fact, a silent message from their subconscious which, of course, has been subject to subliminal influence.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1619 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Magicden, as mentioned earlier, this has never happened to me however in thinking about this logically you could always reframe this as a positive and congratulate the audience member on their strong sense of perception, you could go further to give a nice cold Reading based on this.

It may also be worth considering the context of the performance, I only perform this when questioned or prompted as to how I achieve my other effects rather than using this as an opener or without prior audience conditioning, after warming up the audience/spectators I always consider how receptive their being.

Food for thought - The spectator is always right and as with between the lines I always congratulate them on their success after all it is all about them! Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Excellent. Always spin it positively no matter the outcome and for this choice specifically- and btw have you picked up on anything else leading you to Hannah?.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2382 Posts

Profile of NeilS
What Michael says is 'worth its weight in gold.' Between the Lines is one of my most effective items because the spectator seems to do all the work and, with my encouragement, I get the audience to applaud them at the end. It makes it a great 'feel good' effect.

Similarly with Sleuth the spectator takes the credit. As I mentioned before, I have never come unstuck with Sleuth and, as suggested in the instructions, if you hurry the spectator along a little during the routine this helps draw their attention and thoughts to making the final and, very cleverly on their part, right selection.
Psychologic
View Profile
New user
London, UK
77 Posts

Profile of Psychologic
I thought I'd post this here rather than start a new thread. I am planning on getting either this or Paul Brook's 'You Know Who'. Both sound great but am just wondering which one people would recommend out of the two?

Many thanks

Ross
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1619 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Buy both Smile

celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1619 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Buy both Smile

Psychologic
View Profile
New user
London, UK
77 Posts

Profile of Psychologic
Ok. Will do! Smile Is there a difference between them regarding method - or just the premise/theme?

Cheers

Ross
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1619 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Variations of the same method with a similar theme, how's that for cryptic! Paul's is the original effect, I developed mine for instances where people had seen Paul's before and wanted a repeat performance. Why not buy Paul's first as I feel credit belongs to him for the idea; then if you like it as much as I think you will then go on to buy mine Smile

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
I have both and like Sleuth better if you can only buy one. However, as you can only use either of these once for the same crowd, I find it useful to have both and would recommend that if possible.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2382 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I too prefer Sleuth but both are worth serious consideration.
Psychologic
View Profile
New user
London, UK
77 Posts

Profile of Psychologic
Thank you for the advice guys. Based on what's been said, I will go for Sleuth first! Smile
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
961 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Well, it looks like there's still no US distributor for Sleuth. To cut down on the shipping cost per item to the States, can anyone recommend any other Magicbox items (unavailable in the US) that I might want to order?

Right now I'm in the mood for (seemingly or genuinely) improv effects and other close-up items. And anything that smacks of divination of any sort.

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
You might inquire about Imagination though I don't know if it's still available. Resonance is worth a look also. Don't really kike recommending specific items that much because "different strokes for different folks" although just about anyone can use and appreciate Sleuth as long as one is aware of the limitations. Why not scour the Magicbox catalogue or tell Michael Murray(Celebrity on here) what you want and ask for suggestions. He's very customer friendly and a good guy imo.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1619 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I can't believe that it's been over three years since I last posted on this topic, anyway yesterday I was asked about the possibility of an occult version of this effect. Funnily enough I had a concept idea a few years ago that I never got round to finishing which utilised the seven deadly sins.

As a result of the message I've dusted off my notes on it and have started to piece this together for Gavin, the question is if I was to market this would there be much of an interest? I say this because of the nature of the content.

Best Wishes Michael

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sleuth by Michael Murray (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL