The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sleuth by Michael Murray (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
961 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Does anyone know if any US dealers carry this?
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Don't think so. I believe at this time it is only available in the UK. I am considering it also but I'd like to see a more comprehensive review.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Yep just available from Magicbox at the moment though can be shipped worldwide! Wholesale to the states will probably be made mid March!

Looking forward to a full review too if anyone has time to do so!

Kind Regards Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Could we see the card if the salient bits where blurred out please?
I've asked to be banned
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Love the effect and the method, but the card is far too cartoonish for me. The multi colours and zany fonts are - IMO - not suited to purist mentalists. More for the mental magician.

But, I'll be redesigning it using the exac same method for my own private usage.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Is this a psychogical force or is there something else at play?
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Quote:
On 2010-02-12 15:52, aukt wrote:
Love the effect and the method, but the card is far too cartoonish for me. The multi colours and zany fonts are - IMO - not suited to purist mentalists.

But they ARE perfectly suited to what the card is supposed to be - a card from a board game. That is exactly what a purist would want, something that looks like what it is supposed to look like.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of celebrity
No psychological force! Just genuine influences built into the card and scripting. Leave the images to me and I'll get something up tomorow!

Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Do have an interest in this. Like to see the images.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On 2010-02-12 17:04, psychicturtle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-12 15:52, aukt wrote:
Love the effect and the method, but the card is far too cartoonish for me. The multi colours and zany fonts are - IMO - not suited to purist mentalists.

But they ARE perfectly suited to what the card is supposed to be - a card from a board game. That is exactly what a purist would want, something that looks like what it is supposed to look like.

It would seem you and I have different definitions of the term purist.

In any case, cartoons and third grade fonts have no place in my act, but your mileage may vary. Good effect, but not for me in it's current form. I'll redesign it for my personal use. You don't need to agree with me, no rebuttal required.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Here are the slightly amended images which will give you an idea of the look of the card! However be warned this does rely on subliminal messages and I can't be held responsible if you feel compelled to purchase after viewing the images!

Michael

Click here to view attached image.

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thank you for posting the image...
I've asked to be banned
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I'm trying to get a better image attached, here is the other side of the card!

celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I'm getting the hang of this now! Here is a better picture of the other side! don't blame me if your compelled too purchase though Smile

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Looks nice. Equivoque?
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On 2010-02-13 11:24, aligator wrote:
Looks nice. Equivoque?

would you just shut up.

and no, no eq.

now shut up.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I steer clear of anything that looks too magicky or suspicious. And the Sleuth card doesn't. It is intended to be introduced as a card based on a detective game and it looks perfect.

I am delighted with the card and have now used it many times, including in my show. And there is NO equivoque! It is direct and, importantly, believable.

Having been so taken with the principle, I will be playing about with it to see what other variations I can come up with but for me Sleuth has been my best purchase for a long while.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Ok. You guys have convinced me. I will be ordering this soon. Like the ideas of detection, psychology, intuition as that plays well into what I am attempting to accomplish.
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
I did this for the comedian Stephen K Amos recently. He changed his mind a few times and settled on Eliza.
He appeared to be very impressed when I told him he was right and then showed him how he was subconsciously influenced, despite it not being my best performance (I was a little flustered at the time, and didn't deliver my scripting as naturally as I would have liked).
I still like it a lot - and I find it very interesting that almost everyone chooses Chloe (8 out of 10 so far).
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Profile of NeilS
That last post was really interesting for I have yet to have anyone choose Chloe! But hey, it doesn't seem to matter, whoever they chose they are always spot on ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sleuth by Michael Murray (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL