The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Table - Compact Legs (assistance needed) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Arkadia,

I'm waiting on a new top with a nice frame on .. and I have a new prototype cloth on order. Also looking for a mic stand attachment, like a tray.. to clamp onto the stand, providing a little shelf.
I'll post pics when I can, busy with work most of this month.

The cloth was the subject of a previous post, and I believe I have it figured now...

Regards,

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
Billie Bonkers
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Billie Bonkers
I'm never sure where the problem is. Maybe some performers just need to buy expensive things, perhaps it makes them feel more professional! JUST make a table. I have always made my street tables for almost nothing! Make some X legs get a peice of ply for the table top. Put a lip round it and a bit of material/ felt and your underway for next to nothing. What's all the fuss about?
For thirty yearsI have travelled all over the world working on the street. I was the European Street Entertainer of the year. I won the French Street Entertainer of the year three years running and came second in one of the very first Time out street festivals in LONDON! Always using a table that cost me next to nothing. A table should be tough and large enough for all your loads but, come on, why spend large sums of money?
It's what you do that matters! Not the price of your props!
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Great to have you here Billie! Your post is valid - but is not that very thing what we are discussing? How to build a pack small and pay small table. The X legs are a bit bulky sometimes.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Just been up to see my man who was "making" the table top for me.. it's still on the drawing board!

All I want is a bit of ply with a nice edging so the balls don't roll off, and a place to stick playing cards.

Instead of plywood, now - as he's made no progress - I'm thinking of 3mm aluminium...with a nice edging.. Smile
The sheet music stand cost me £11.00. The entire setup will run less than £20.00.

Billie Bonkers.. I'm not disagreeing with you. Just looking for something that will suit me. A card table would do at a push, but why not make life easy and get/make what suits?

Regards;

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Table - Compact Legs (assistance needed) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL