The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk in Balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I am releasing a new DVD on my Coin Balloon-acy. It has its roots in Silk in Balloon.
I added a few new moves and wondered if someone wants to comment on the Promo on YouTube.
There are, what I believe to be, new methods for this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypG5nUhvnV0

The first parts are coin in balloon, then silk in balloon quick clips.
I am still editing the final DVD, which I hope to go to the Replicators this Friday.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Clean, visual magic! I like the pen idea, and the coin in balloon looks great. I had a chuckle when it read, "Borrow a coat hanger...." haha Check your spelling on that part, though.
Could you elaborate on the rope/silk in balloon part? What was that?
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
That is an extra routine I include on the DVD. The routine is a little odd, but workable. You show a plastic bag, and blow up a balloon. You have someone select one of three colored silks. You dangle a rope in the bag and when you lift out the rope, the selected color is tied on the rope which has penetrated the balloon.
Its a lecture piece and one of the bonuses.

It is the same as card on rope, an old effect, but the visual of the rope penetrating the balloon is cool.

Promo can be found at http://youtube.com/stagetricks
I edited out the typos.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk in Balloon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL