The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » A good expanded quarter shell? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

krintz
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of krintz
I have 2 shells from Johnsons, one heads and one tails, and they aren't too good.... very flattened.
Maybe quarters are too small to do right.
Anyone found a quarter shell that has good relief?
Krintz
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I've found that Johnson quarter shells made using the new state quarters don't look good at all. However, I've been very satisfied with their tail side shell using the earlier quarters.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
NicholasD,or any one else I am in need of another shell, I want a Johnson and I think the tails side is a better choice IMHO what do any of the coins pros say on this ? Also is the quality of the Johnson quarter (older coin style) still good? Thanks
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I got one from my local magic shop about a year ago. ( Johnson pre-state quarter, tail side). I thought the quality was very good.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Thanks , I have always been happy with them too. But better safe than sorry.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Jamie Schoolcraft makes a very nice Quarter Shell. He makes them in Eagle Tales and Estate heads. They go really nice with his Flipper Quarter. I have one in a set that I use and love it.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Thanks I will have to search for his link, check it out.
krintz
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of krintz
Quote:
On 2010-01-23 13:42, TC Ryder wrote:
Jamie Schoolcraft makes a very nice Quarter Shell. He makes them in Eagle Tales and Estate heads. They go really nice with his Flipper Quarter. I have one in a set that I use and love it.

TC

I checked on his website, and it wasn't there. Was this a custom job? How much did it cost?
ukjasonharris
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of ukjasonharris
I used to buy only Johnson coins but recently tried Tango Magic coins (www.tangomagic.com) and his coins are amazing. I bought a half dollar flipper and half dollar shell and both are excellent. The shell is the best I have bought so I am sure he makes good quarter shells too. Worth having a look. I will buy all my coins from him now.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Thanks Jason.
Yes, we make quarter dollar expanded shells.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » A good expanded quarter shell? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL