The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What gimmicked decks do you Actually Use? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I like using cards for mentalism. This mentalism doesn't hit as hard as other direct reveals of personal info. But for me, it hits them so much harder than most card effects. So strangely, I usually have a way of doing something with a special deck etc....., or the same thing with a regular deck. If you see "the devil's picture book" video by D. Brown, you will see what will be very useful for regular card workers.
How you talk about what you are doing, sets the tone in the spectator's mind as to whether you are using a gaff deck or not.
His use of a one way deck is classic. Because of how he TALKS about what he will do, the spectator has no suspicion of a gaff deck.
Priceless. Again this has very good applications to regular card magic. also, too many avoid gaff decks due to a lack of a good sloppy and effective switch, with calm misdirection.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5081 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2020, Jay DeLosMuertos wrote:
I used to have a deck with 1 long card in it and I want to buy another, does anyone know what that deck is called please?

I have never heard of that exact deck, but had a friend who liked using a long card so I made him one. It was a lot of work o get one just right and I soon figured out it would have been much simpler to buy a "Short Deck" and replace one card with one from a regular deck (which also gives you a deck with an equally impressive "short card" function). https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9291 or https://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page......rtID=269 (I use the Phoenix Brand Cards).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jonah_Illusionist
View Profile
New user
Saint George, Utah
13 Posts

Profile of Jonah_Illusionist
I LOVE gaff decks, However here are the ones I use the most, I have others that I haven't put into my shows yet.

marked deck
rising Cards
stripper Deck
Svengali Deck
brain wave Deck
Shin Lim's 52 shades of red deck

Jonah
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What gimmicked decks do you Actually Use? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL