The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What gimmicked decks do you Actually Use? (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
eddini
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of eddini
I use tons. I kinda collect gimmicked decks.

The two I use most are -

Marked Cards [as regular deck I use it's penguins]
Mental Photography.

I also however have and use on occasion -

Stripper
In Flight [Regal's Deck haven't used it yet]
Svengali
Mastermind
In a Flash [Top 3 card effects I do]
Pop Eyed Popper
Brainwave
Invisible
Split Deck [haven't used it yet]

Then I use gimmicks in cards. I love MacDonald's Aces so I use DF.

Ed [Eddini]
Satire
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Satire
I really need to get better at ringing in decks... I think that's my biggest holdup to some of the really fun stuff sitting on my shelf.

It's a one-off effect and you'd need to switch out, but performing 52 to 1 feels like actual magic. Really liking that one lately.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I really don't like to use gaffed decks for the most part. I will always have a marked deck in play. Which I use all the time. So there is always an advantage there.. and of course the invisible deck which is a a great effect in itself.. but also a GREAT out if needed.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Rough and smooth Svengali...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Isn't that called a Mirage Deck?

Quote:
On Mar 20, 2022, padre rich wrote:
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
disbelief
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of disbelief
For me I use a marked deck or invisible deck. I performed possible impossible once and now it sits in collection not being used. All other gaffes decks have sat in a drawer and I never perform with them, just look at them or play with them occasionally.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I'm mainly a kids show performer, but do love to use a few different gaffed decks when having fun with older kids or adults. I'm OK at some sleights but definitely no expert.

1. Svengali
2. Kidz Cards
3. Any Card (Killer deck)
4. Marked Deck by Sean Taylor
5. Mene Tekel
6. Invisible

Al
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Being a hobbyist, I can not bring myself to carrying more than one deck of cards, if I even decide to take a deck with me. I do have a gimmicked card in my deck, would you consider that a gimmicked deck?
I do have gimmicked decks though none I felt were worthwhile in replacing the deck I do take with me.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use an Invisible Deck in my stand-up show. For strolling, I use a deck that's arranged for a kicker, when performing Gemini Twins.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, it's not a gimmicked deck but gimmicked box and one card- REBOXED the magnetic version. Just started using it and really gets fantastic reactions!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
timph
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of timph
Marked deck - prefer Night Flights by Steve Dela
Rainbow deck - cheesy but still a strong effect
Svengali - of course
Kidz Kards - Richard Pinner's winner!
Stripper
Mirage
Pop Eyed Popper
Al Baker deck
Invisible deck
timph
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of timph
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2022, padre rich wrote:

Do you know it as a Mirage deck?
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
I own the standards: invisible, Svengali, stripper, a couple different marked, and a few other specialty decks. But I tend to prefer packet tricks. The main gaff deck I use is the invisible. It gets good reactions, but I actually tend to get better reactions from making the deck appear in an empty bag, than finding their card. I use Tommy James' "Lightning Fast Production Bag" (mesh front bag). If I did not have the bag, I would probably not do the invisible deck.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I started this thread over 12 years ago. It's funny how some things change. For the last several years, I haven't used any of the decks I originally listed. In fact, although I have over 100 gimmicked decks that do all manner of things it is a RARE day when one of them actually gets used.

I've got more than a lifetime's worth of material with a regular deck, so there's no reason to pull a gimmicked deck off the shelf.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
mgsmagic
View Profile
New user
Torrance CA
26 Posts

Profile of mgsmagic
Wow what a loaded question--Routinely

I use stacks & regular decks that are in fact marked for the most part but I often have

Phil 2
Position Impossible by Brent Braun
Imagine by Peter & Harty Nardi
Out of the Blue by James Anthony

I own many more that I like but if they require table SPACE I tend to not use them, as a strolling pro if the gig is big enough all the ones mentioned are in the bag & @ break I switch routinely between them.
KMagic
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of KMagic
Position Impossible
Invisible Deck

More recently, The Quantum Deck. Super fun
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
111 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Invisible Pack is always a go to.

Lately, I've been using a self working trick that uses the jokers. All that is gimmicked is the jokers have a "43" and "18" written on the back. From there, it is stacked. Spectator 1 chooses a card. Spectator 2 chooses a card. All the cards are picked up. In the end, the jokers speak to the magi and state the chosen cards are at these positions. Count down 18 cards and card one is there. Count down to position 43, second card is there. Then the jokers are flipped revealing the numbers on the back. Completely self working. Been getting really good response from it. Once the trick is over, the gimmicked deck becomes a regular deck.
KMagic
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of KMagic
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2023, spudster85 wrote:
Invisible Pack is always a go to.

Lately, I've been using a self working trick that uses the jokers. All that is gimmicked is the jokers have a "43" and "18" written on the back. From there, it is stacked. Spectator 1 chooses a card. Spectator 2 chooses a card. All the cards are picked up. In the end, the jokers speak to the magi and state the chosen cards are at these positions. Count down 18 cards and card one is there. Count down to position 43, second card is there. Then the jokers are flipped revealing the numbers on the back. Completely self working. Been getting really good response from it. Once the trick is over, the gimmicked deck becomes a regular deck.

Was something like this featured on Fool Us? It sounds really familiar.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What gimmicked decks do you Actually Use? (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL