The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Baby Gag with Adult Photo Finish with No Preshow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Hocus Pocus has this on their site:
Devin Knight has reworked this old gag for today's audiences with a new magical finish where an adult photo of the named person is removed from the envelope without any PRE-SHOW work!

EFFECT:

This is not the old standard baby gag. This is a complete comedy routine in itself. The performer says he wants to try some quick psychic experiments. He begins with a comedy number prediction, proving he thought of the same number the participant did(???). Next, he asks anyone to name a famous person. As a gag he removes a baby picture from the envelope claiming this is the person when he was a baby. This is where the normal gag ends, but there is much more in Devin's routine.

What follows is a non-stop laugh-packed routine using NEW lines and gags. You get over seven new and topical gags. Two new sight-gags are done with the baby picture that will bring the house down with laughter. These gags are TOO good to tip in this ad, but they have never been used before with the BABY gag.

AN OLD PROBLEM SOLVED: What happens if someone names, An Asian, a Hispanic or Native American? With this routine you are covered. If someone names Jackie Chan, you produce a photo that is funnier than the original BABY gag. It is a gag not used before in this routine.

BONUS ROUTINE: Includes a sure-fire method where audience members call out names of famous people (no stooges)and one of these names is chosen. After doing the baby gag routine; for a climax, an actual ADULT photo of the named person is removed from the envelope. This is done with NO PRE-SHOW WORK and the full secret is included in this release. This alone is worth the price of the trick and will fool the smartest of audiences.

Fully audience tested, with every gag and line a PROVEN LAUGH-GETTER. REAL FULL-COLOR PHOTOS are used, not cartoon drawings, because real photos get better responses from audiences. The baby gag cards are supplied on a high quality PLASTIC photo-card stock. Designed to withstand years of performances. If the card gets dirty, wipe it off with a damp cloth. This was designed with the professional performer in mind.

Comes complete with a special manila envelope used for the comedy number prediction, 8.5" x 11" plastic photo-cards in full-color, including a gag photo of the performer when he was child, plus a comedy picture of your kids. Includes the complete performance script detailing every gag and punch line, plus additional jokes you can use in the routine. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN REAL WORLD TESTED prior to this new release.

Without a doubt, this is the finest version of the Baby Gag that has ever been released. Suitable for magicians, MCs and comedians.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
871 Posts

Profile of Marqus
About 2 months ago, I just shelled out the thirty bucks for the Improved New Baby Gag. It is great & I love the lines. I like all of Devin's stuff but...

...I wish I knew that the Super Improved New Baby Gag was coming out - I naturally would have waited.

As I contemplate my decision to buy this (I only have so much, which isn't very much), does anyone know if the Super DUPER Improved New Baby Gag will be out shortly?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
It is out now.Both Hocus-Pocus and myself have it in stock for immediate shipment. If you can PROVE you have the earlier version you get a FREE upgrade. I have a question that can only be answered if you have the directions. Then I will email you a PDF file with the updated methods. Saying you have the trick is not enough, you will have to answer a question from the directions to get the free update.

Devin
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
This is the FINAL version. No further improvements or versions will be forthcoming. Everything I know about the Baby Gag is in this final routine. While teaching this during my lecture tour, I developed the new adult finish and near the end of my lecture tour,it was being included as a bonus and the magicians went wild over the method.

I decided to update the trick with the new adult picture and method. People from the audience call out names of celebs and then one is chosen to ensure it was not pre-arranged. After the baby gag, the adult pix is removed.

NOTE during the first few weeks of my lecture tour I was showing a version using a blank PHIL DECK. This new version doesn't use a forcing deck. Names are actually called out by audience members and there are NO PLANTS, Stooges or Preshow work. The method will delight you.

Devin
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
871 Posts

Profile of Marqus
It DID delight me.

Thanks!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Devin, you really got me tempted!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2987 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Devin -

That's big of you to offer the upgrade for free - thanks!

I loved your Phil deck idea, but am not big on the Phil cards, so have tried using Bob Solari's "Name That Card," which accomplishes the same basic effect using regular Bikes. You can make up your own deck with any names you want. I've been using it with the rabbit-in-hat puppet as a light and fun mentalism routine.

Your new handling, without the cards, sounds fascinating.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I just wanted to point out that this routine is best suited to North American audiences. Many of the good jokes are topical, but would be best appreciated by American/Canadian audiences. Oversea audiences may not get the punch lines.

The same applies to the Adult Picture Finish. It uses an ingenious and sure-fire verbal force (has NEVER FAILED in over 100 performances)but it would only work in North America. If you are overseas you could apply my technique to celebrities in your country but I am not sure if it would be as sure-fire there.

I say this because I don't want people overseas buying this and then saying it is not totally suitable for their country.

Don't get me wrong, the basic routine and quality cards can be used anywhere in the world, but the best jokes, punchlines, sight-gags and adult picture finish work best in North America.

Just a heads up.

Devin
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
The force idea is good but so close to some you find in Tony Iacoviello Maximum involvement
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
We now have this in stock, you can get it from the best magic stores all over the world.
I thought it was pretty good, I love the gag lines and photos are top notch.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
This, as usual, is practical and surefire. While the basic thing could be credited to Annemann (I think) there are some subtleties that really sell the effect.

Yes, it can be performed worldwide, as long as you have famous acotrs and anchormen showing up on your tv... Smile

One last thing - Yes, something exactly like that was explored in depth by Tony "Eye" Iacoviello in one of his first books, as Psidroid did hint above.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
I just got this from Devin...it's great! The new addition with the adult photo finish is an excellent idea and it will be the version that I use most often. I never thought that the simple baby gag could be turned into showpiece, but Devin has done it!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3305 Posts

Profile of takeachance
OK, now I'm interested, Harv is a straight shooter, I'll have to give this a go after reading his positive post on it.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Got mine today and I have to say I enjoy it. I will do the routine where you end with producing the photo of the chosen actor or entertainer---I think it is brilliantly done. For me this is a good piece to have fun and relax with. I believe it will help the performer to show a more fun side of his/her personality. And I think that will help in making that all important "connection" with our audience. I like this effect.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

I picked up a photo of Superman and have switched to using a super-hero theme for my photo finish. I think it will be easier for people to name the super-heros in place of late nite show people.

Good magic to all,

Eric
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
I got this and feel like its a well made well thought out item. I am going to use a clear f****e bag to force a celeb for the last part but I really like this..good job
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
The line "What happens if someone names, An Asian, a Hispanic or Native American? With this routine you are covered. If someone names Jackie Chan, you produce a photo that is funnier than the original BABY gag. It is a gag not used before in this routine." makes me nervous. I'm sure it's not but I am hoping there is no stereotypical pictures that could unintentionally offend someone?
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
NO Way THIS PICTURE could offend anyone, nothing stereotypical about it.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

I have to 100 percent agree with Devin on this. These pictures will not offend anyone. And I have to say each time I performed this it has never failed to get a great response. It is also a fun piece of mentalism/comedy.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Quote:
On 2010-01-22 08:59, Devin Knight wrote:
I just wanted to point out that this routine is best suited to North American audiences. Many of the good jokes are topical, but would be best appreciated by American/Canadian audiences. Oversea audiences may not get the punch lines.

I'm based in the UK and wondered if anyone else here has tried it out - and do the gags still work?

I mention this as several online magic shops here in England do sell this, but I didn't want to purchase if the gags won't work here.

AP.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Baby Gag with Adult Photo Finish with No Preshow (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL