The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » NEW Gali Gali clip found (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I wish I had a clip of his bill in lemon. Simplicity and sell. No props.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4354 Posts

Profile of rannie
I enjoyed the routine very much but I found myself saying ouch many times. I appreciate the presentation and the skill but felt sorry for the animals.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4826 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I wonder how this could be resurrected using other loads? And what loads do you guys think would have the best impact? Something like lemons leading up to a David Williamson style finale perhaps?
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STUFFED TOY ANIMALS.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
David Regal has a Chop cup routine using fake mouse, a fun routine to watch as well.
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
498 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
I once bought a take-apart leather chop cup from a Thai dealer at a convention here in Japan that came with a wind-up mechanical toy baby chick. I don't think it would be practical to reproduce the entire routine using these, but it's a really cute final load. (And cruelty free...as far as I know.)

The thing I find interesting about the clip is all of the unmotivated moves to his "pockets" to produce loads. I think most magicians today try to give some reason to go to their pockets. Maybe it's just the pacing, but he gets away with a lot of obvious moves to his robe, and the audience doesn't seem to care in the slightest. I don't have a point really. I just find it interesting.

Bill
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Gary Kosnitzky
Great video Pete.
Thanks!
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24190 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
One of the stories about Don Alan that didn't make it into the book was the one concerning Roger Crabtree's award-winning close-up chop cup routine.

Roger asked Don what he would suggest as a routine to win a close-up competition. Don decided to pull Roger's leg. He suggested that Roger do a routine that ended with a live mouse popping out of a door on the front of his hat, running around the brim, and going back into the hat.

So Roger spent the best part of a year working it out. He did it. He won the competitions he entered. And Don Alan went up like the noon balloon, because "Roger stole my idea!"
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I saw Roger do that routine but didn't know the Don Alan connection.
jdrichard01
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jdrichard01
Need HELP! I just purchased a nice set of Brass "mini" Cups and Balls and I am looking for a book or DVD that will provide me with the technique for using the "pea size" balls. I know the Vernon Routine and actually have it posted on youtube (average job) and would love to learn a good mini-CAB routine. I have asked eddy ray and Jeff Pinsky (Canada) and neither can help. I am awaiting a response from Michael Ammar and hopping he has a good reference. I could just bust my butt and figure it out, but, professional help will ensure I don't end up like a hacker.
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
140 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Jdrichard....if I'm not wrong you could find something on Ganson's Routined Manipulations vol. I and II or just check Merlyn Shute's Cups Cups Cups...on that book you can find some good ideas on 3 shell game...you could start from there!

About the Gali Gali video....the link doesn't work anymore! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » NEW Gali Gali clip found (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL