The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Oysters! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thord
View Profile
New user
Sweden
11 Posts

Profile of Thord
Hey there!
I'm trying to put together a new parlour/stage act, and I really want to include oysters in the show, maybe to reveal a prediction or something like that. However I've never seen anyone using oysters in magic berfore. Have you?

Is there some old and good trick that have any kind of shell (that't not a street scam) in them?
Pick a card..., NOT that one!
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
I think there was an asian magician using sea shells for a close up routine.
There was aswell a french magician using a big sea shell for his floating pearl (zombie) routine.
Anyway, you're idea could be very original and interesting, I've never heard of a magician using oysters in his act.

Oliver.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1886 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I believe that _Bennett's Best_ by Horace Bennett (published by Magic Methods) has a close-up routine called "Bennett's Pearl" that uses three oyster shells for a kind of cup and ball routine but with shells and pearls. Then in _The Bennett Touch_ (also from Magic Methods) magician John Caddy reworked the routine with his own touches. The Bennett routine was inspired by Dr. Sawa's pearl routine.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
InventorRu
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of InventorRu
Theres a joke about oysters,something along the lines of:

'I had half a dozen oysters last night and only three of them worked'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Oysters! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL