The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin routine feedback (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

Profile of William Wortman
I've been working on a coin routine. I'm still working on it and I wanted to see what people thought about it. I'm still figuring if I should add more or not, any help with it would be nice.

Here is a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SBsCB7skSA

Hope y'all enjoy the video. This is my first attempt at a coin routine.

William
Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
This Troll only has
74 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
I liked it, The only thing that didn't quite click for me was the very beginning. Maybe a bit more of an obvious empty hand display right of the top. I understand that internet videos are a hard format for getting across body language and subtlety so as a live performance this may not be such a problem.
William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

I agree about the video not showing all I want to show. Also I figured the coin flip was a nice subtleties to the empty hand with out calling to it.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8460 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Not bad Will, you might slow it down a little and show the hands a litte more open if you can. You might lengthen it by perhaps introducing another coin to the routine. Or if you just want to keep it with just 2 coins, perhaps mix in a little Tenkai Pennies before you get to the complete vanish, that would stretch it out a bit. I think you got some good ideas flowing and I like the flip but would try not to over-use it.

I've done some stuff with 2 and 3 coins that you might pick up some things from. In my "Short Pockets" download, I do quite a bit of stuff like you're doing here and my "PMP" effect in the package might give you yet another idea here as to your work. Or maybe you might just in the end keep it just like you got it. Smile

http://vinnymarini.com/download/shortpockets.html

Hope some of this helps and I did enjoy the video and hope to see more from you. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Looks good Will maybe slow it down.I would add more things to it.
William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

Thank you, I will look at you stuff MB217, with the flip I plan on doing it about 1 or 2 time, no more then 4 if I can help it. I will look at the Tenkai routines as well.
William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

After thinking about it. I think I'm going to break out Bobo's tonight. Any more ideas ?
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Have you ever seen Johnson Hopping Half? Its one of the easiest most
amazing routines.With the Hopping Half it looks like your doing
killer coin work!
William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

I wanted to let you know what I've been working on with my coin routine.

Here is the link to the updated routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJmP1-hylmc

I hope y'all like it. Also I'm trying think of a name so if any ideas come up please let me know. I would like to place them in the future lecture notes of mine.

Thanks again for your help

William
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
458 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Dear Willian, great routine, I'm working in something similar with TUC
William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

Thank you. I'm very proud of this routine, I'm also finding new ways to use the gimmick I use.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Let me be the meany! Smile

Going off camera to do the dirty work, is cheating.

You hand positions change shape when you are holding out, than when you are not. They should always look the same.

Right now you are relying too much on the gimmick, to do the work. Try doing the same exact routine with real coins and see what that looks like. The use the gimmick sparingly.

Your Ramsey subtlety is not subtle, nor convincing. I still feel the need to look in the hand to be sure it is gone. Part of this is due to the speed and the tight crop of the video.

Might not want to splay your fingers since you can only do it when one coin is nested.

Hope these observations give you some ideas to work on.
William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

Sorry fir the bad frame work, I was trying to make sure you saw the coin. I was going through the moves and I was using my ditch. It looks the same in person.

I know at the end the hands look different, I read about the vanish in Bobo's so I'm still training my hands to do the same thing.

With my Ramsey,I was trying it just for the video, I plan to do another subtle for my live performance.

As for using the gimmick, I really think I'm not overusing it, cause the gimmick is made for something totally different, also for a non coin shell gimmick I think I'm using it just right. I only use for the gimmick is the opening and ending part of the routine.

Thank you for point these things out. I can't learn what to do and not to do without negative feedback.

I'm also plan to show it to members of my ring this Sunday to see what they think.

Thank you KirkG for you comment
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Good luck William. Try that exercise I mentioned. Your hands change throughout the routine. Watch it again.
William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

I will, I will go through the whole routine and try and make the hands stay the same though out the routine.

Thanks again
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin routine feedback (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL