The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » New ventriloquist documentary 'Dumbstruck' receiving favorable reviews (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Howie,

It's pretty simple - they wanted to show people at various levels in their careers. Even those with full time careers have personal problems.

My favourite part of all the stories was that in spite of everything, these people pursued their dream, and I can relate as I am trying top do the same.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3283 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Yep, I can see your point;

I think Terry the vent in the movie is working somewhere; I think I’ve seen his name around somewhere…

Dylan, the kid was interesting; his dad was not very supportive.

Kim is moving forward in her profession.

I was very sorry to see Dan’s marriage break up in the middle of the movie, it’s hard enough if it happens having it happen with cameras present must make it even more difficult.

Wilma, she is the confusing one to me in the movie. At least she was helped by her Vent family to save her home.

I remember Mark mentioning something about a movie being filmed at the convention; I wonder what Mark thought of it?
kidshowvent
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of kidshowvent
While I think the film was very well made, compelling, and I am happy for my friends that are in it, I am not happy with the overall tone of the film. I want positive, uplifting things out there for ventriloquism..not depressing footage of people whose lives are made sad by the art. Sorry..but this film is not the best for vent. Also..I had a chance to talk with Dylan Burdette, the boy in the film, and I told him I was sorry his dad wasn't very supportive of his vent work. His answer... "My dad's supportive..they told him to act that way for the film!". I'm not sure who "they" were, but if that was the case the film was sensationalized to make it more "appealing". Once again vent is put into a bad light. I can't imagine anyone watching this film and wanting to rush out and take up the art.

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3283 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Mark,

Your review has hit the nail on the head; I agree with you completely, if I were watching this movie and had not seen the video of ventriloquist Patty, I would have never perused ventriloquism.

I don’t think one person has left a theatre after watching Dumbstruck and said, ”that movie has inspired me to be a Ventriloquist.

And now hearing that the participants were prompted, I no longer consider this a realistic documentary.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » New ventriloquist documentary 'Dumbstruck' receiving favorable reviews (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL