The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 3 No Evil by Doug Higley~ Video Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
The Magic Friday Episode Number Three, featuring Doug Higley's 3 No Evil is now up:

Magic Friday
(video is halfway down,under The JDG Tip:)

It's nice to be able to post this here in the Tricks and Effects section because it gives people a chance to talk about the effect, comment, and ask questions.

Thanks for reading/and watching!

jamie d. grant
http://www.whatizit.net
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
We need a password to watch the video, Jamie, at least from this computer-
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Hiya Balaram!

The clue is right above it (in Red).

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
ahobgood
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ahobgood
Thanks for magic friday .... I always look forward to reading and now watching every sunday night.... the videos are great, I mean awesome!
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Great Jamie.More to look forward to.The video work really adds to your magic friday.This review format is the best I have seen.

Chappelly
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On 2010-01-24 19:53, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
Hiya Balaram!

The clue is right above it (in Red).

jamie

Oh! Ha, was that there the whole time? Got it, thank you, and a great idea you reveal to generate interest in the effect from visitors in your home before they know they are asking for magic. Cheers!
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1310 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Hi there a recent magic Friday trick use a trick that involves Shrunken heads. We have a collection here at the Science Museum London as part of the welcome collection see a photo of one below.
http://collectionsonline.nmsi.ac.uk/deta......ecord=45

Also here is a small article about the history of the heads.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrunken_head

Hope this helps to build stories for a great trick. From showing people around the museum they love shrunken heads so you could pass on a historical fact story before the trick. So there a 10 min routine done.

Have fun I migth need to buy this.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1133 Posts

Profile of caigy
Thanks for the factual information Yellowcustard, it will certainly be very useful.
Great video review Jamie.
Talk about coincidence....I sold my Limited Edition version with aged postcards and embossed leather envelope, about eight months ago and wished that I hadn't. A few days later I contacted the purchaser and asked him to give me first option to buy should he ever decide to sell it on. Last night, I am pleased to say, we struck a deal and I should be reunited with the ugly foursome on Thursday morning.
I am really looking forward to performing this fantastic routine again and am tempted to get one of Doug Higley's hand-made shrunken heads...unless you could sneak a genuine one out of the Science Museum for me Yellowcustard??

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
johnnyimpossible
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha, Ne
243 Posts

Profile of johnnyimpossible
Nice work Jamie! I really like your efforts to get the word out on these effects.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1077 Posts

Profile of taller8
Free will with weird photo's.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Much more interesting though.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1077 Posts

Profile of taller8
Yes,it does lend itself to a more interesting presentation. I think I'll stick with Free Will so it won't scare small children. Smile
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1140 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Thanks for the review!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
You don't want to scare small children?! Then what do you do on Halloween??
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
886 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I like small children! But I can't eat a whole one by myself.....

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2010-01-27 10:11, taller8 wrote:
Yes,it does lend itself to a more interesting presentation. I think I'll stick with Free Will so it won't scare small children. Smile

That's the reason why I bought it.Smile
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I have Doug's "Dark Museum", which includes a fabulous shrunken head. Though I don't let the very young ones see it, kids over 7-years old are fascinated.
Potty Smile
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1654 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Um, am I missing something here? No doubt the premise of the trick is engaging enough...but the METHOD? Isn't it kind of, well, obvious? OK, it fooled Angry Bob...but does Jamie dare to go back and ask if Angry Bob worked it out?! I'm sure many smart adults could!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
Yeah, I'm starting to lose faith in Angry Bob. He's figured out tougher methods in the past.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-01-28 09:37, ryesteve wrote:
Yeah, I'm starting to lose faith in Angry Bob. He's figured out tougher methods in the past.

Lol,

No need to worry about Angry Bob. Trust me. If he knows, he'll tell me. It's like I tell a student of mine when I mention that movie Gattaca (what can I say, I liked it!) where the main character is convinced that people will recognize him. Yet no one does. Same thing here. Sometimes I know Angry Bob is going to eat me alive, yet it gets by him. You just never know for sure until you do it. And that's why I do Magic Friday- to find out.

I also have an unfair advantage over Angry Bob in the sense that he has a better base towards traditional sleight of hand. Trying to deceive him with a coin or a card is infinitely more difficult than influencing a choice. Different specs will always have different ideas though. And, that said, with solid presentation and confidence, you should always have an unfair advantage over all your spectators Smile

Regardless, I'll stand behind the method on this one. Simply because I saw it how it went!

Thanks for reading/ and watching Magic Friday! I love that it can start discussions.

My quick 2 cents,

jamie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 3 No Evil by Doug Higley~ Video Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL