The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 3 No Evil by Doug Higley~ Video Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I agree about the method, it's not for me. I did try it several times, and strangely one night EVERYONE chose exactly the same objects each time I used the effect. But only I knew that!
It would be very cool if Doug Higley could make his objects with a secret cavity which could contain (for instance) one of Craig Fillicetti's gizmos. You could then perform simply stunning mentalism with these awesome objects.
Perhaps there could be a secret compartment beneath some hair, etc?
How about it, Doug?
;)
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Sure. Whatever you like. (?) ;-)

I've done it as a test for multiple folks that were in proximity of the 1st group. For example a nearby table. Best to change the outcome. I just per-wrote a few different 'Predictions' and put them in different pockets and REMEMBERED which was which of course. (not difficult).

Ross: You just need faith in your own mystique I guess to pull it off. It is bold. BUT...there have been over 500 sold and I have not recieved any feedback that questions the method AFTER one tries it out. It just works...like it worked for Jamie. I have never had it tip itself. Not to say it might not but that's why we am what we am...we can cover. Smile And yes Ross you nailed it as to why it does work, it's engaging. And best of all, it's cheap. haha.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Quote:
On 2010-01-28 09:06, ross welford wrote:
Um, am I missing something here? No doubt the premise of the trick is engaging enough...but the METHOD? Isn't it kind of, well, obvious? OK, it fooled Angry Bob...but does Jamie dare to go back and ask if Angry Bob worked it out?! I'm sure many smart adults could!

Hey Ross!

I tend to agree with you on this one. I love your reviews Jamie. You have convinced me to buy tricks I'd never imagine I would and I LOVE them all! Your AWESOME!!! But this one, well I'm surprised by Angry Bob too! Smile

Mike Smile
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On 2010-01-29 21:20, Doug Higley wrote:
Sure. Whatever you like. (?) ;-)

...So you would be able to make your creations with a little compartment? Wow! Doug, I think I'll be saving up for that. Imagine having the power of "Proximity" coupled with the coolness of shrunken heads, mermaids, and monkey paws!
OK, so it's a bit off-thread, as you can't do that with the card version.
Regarding the method, I feel this is one of those that may fool a good number of folks, but many are likely to see through it. However, as the presentation is so much fun (in a rather dark way), folks are very unlikely to make any comment.
But hey, there are dozens of alternate methods that could be used, so if you don't like this method, change it. Put the prediciton in an envelope, use a TW, or force the choice of objects.
Potty Smile
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1133 Posts

Profile of caigy
Potty., you are absolutely correct when you say that there are many presentational methods for the 'Free-Will' principle but when performed with confidence, the right patter and phrasing, '3 No Evil' has all bases covered.
I think that the props provided are top-quality, relevant and self-contained enough, eliminating the need for extra envelopes, TW's or secret compartments.
Just my opinion though.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2050 Posts

Profile of aligator
I think this is a great effect for ages 6-14. I think I would hesitate to use it with an adult audience.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Interesting comments.

aligator IF you had the effect I would say the 6-14 crowd is a good one for it to be sure. BUT there are hundreds who DO use it with adults to great success, so why limit yourself? I KNOW it works for adults. It's all in the presentation and really no more obvious than placing a final Giant load in cups and balls...BOLD move? Be Bold. ;-)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 3 No Evil by Doug Higley~ Video Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL