The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The best linking ring routine (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
I am in the process of updating a show for this summers season and trying to figure out which linking ring routine to do (been doing symphony but need a change). I know we all have our own favorites and I would like to know what your favorite published routine is... and why. I need about 4 to 5 minutes.
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Straight? Comedy? Silent? Talking?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Levent is producing a new linking ring dvd set.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Henry Hay's _The Amateur Magician's Handbook_ has a basic routine including the figures like the swing, the globe, the flower.. But this is mainly the basic routine with no patter suggestions, so I think working up your own approach to presentation would maybe add a couple of minutes to the routine. I think to get five minutes you would pretty much have to use all eight rings rather than the smaller number (six, five, or even three) preferred by many magicians today.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I would recommend getting L&L's World's Greatest dvd pertaining to the Linking Rings. See different styles and number of rings. Then make your own routine. Some ideas for you...play with different sizes at the same time, adapt a story to a ring routine (for example..Moby Dick). The rings rock in my book.

Charlie
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The best one is mine. mine is the best. nothing beats it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Whit's routine is hard to beat.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
How about a Jack Miller routine?
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
5 minute silent linking ring routine seems long. After the first couple minutes I'd would be saying "Yea, I get it"
bronx
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of bronx
Whit, I absolutely LOVE your 4 ring routine. Am hoping to work it into a trade show presentation I have coming up. May I ask what rings (size, manufacturer) you recommend? Which ones did you use in the video.google.com link above?

Thanks so much.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bronx, Whit Haden has mentioned about his rings many times on the Café. He uses the the Rolls Royce of Linking Rings. Owen Magic Supreme click here If I remember correctly, he uses the 15" rings currently. Very, Very expensive!
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Profile of Fantasy Knight
Whit, I love your routine and very funny, I couldn't stop laughing and your facial expression you make really added that humor too. Thanks for sharing that with us here on the Café'.

Rick Anderson
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
It doesn't matter what rings you use for Whit's routine. The dramatic structure is what makes it work. Whit created the routine on the street. I use 10 inch rings to do it and other routines. Chris Capehart told me I should get a set of cheap 10" rings because they work best.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Vayron
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
229 Posts

Profile of Vayron
The best routine I ever saw was from Rick Thomas at the Sahara hotel. Wonderful routine with strong reactions from the audience.
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
I have to say that I swore for years that I'd never do the linking rings..for no real good reason other than, to me, it seemed so "common".

But now, I can't tell you how much I love performing Whit Hayden's 4 ring routine. The concept is so entertaining, and perfect for my style. We as magicians can be very "impressive" with the miracles that we do...and the audience needs to see US as the one being "fooled". That's why I like Whit's routine so much!
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I've always liked Allen Hayden's ring routine. I believe he published it in his lecture notes.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Or, if you like the small close up version check THIS out..nice...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
The most magical is richard ross
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Al Schneider's routine (Free) on his website is worth checking out.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The best linking ring routine (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL