The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Name of effect - again! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Ok, what is the name of the effect where the magician takes 1 black silk and 1 white silk, then it transforms into 1 white and black stripped silk? It can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJSf8TsOvog&feature=related at 6:04 to 6:21

Thanks!
Dare to Dream...
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
"Zebra Silk"

There are two "Zebra Silk" effects, so be sure you get the right one. The other effect shows a vertically striped silk that instantly changes into a horizontally striped silk.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Thanks!
Dare to Dream...
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
How transparent is this type of silk ? I would like to use it for a production of an item after the transformation without to bundle it up.

Thanks.

Oliver.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It is generallyl a thin (5 or 6 momme) silk because of the method of doing it. Probably too thin for your needs. Though John Thompson does dove production into saran wrap.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Then there is the reel effect where the direction of the stripes change.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Name of effect - again! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL