The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Half Eaten Goldfish Alive (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rubberboy89
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rubberboy89
I was feeding goldfish to my piranas today and I had to leave shortly after I dumped the goldfish in the tank. When I came back the piranas had ate the back half of one of the larger goldfish and the front half was still swimming around tank. I thought the goldfish would end up dying shortly but he is still going strong, even eating. Watching the half fish swim around is the strangest thing. Has anybody else had this happen. I will try to post a video later.

Logan
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Dude...since no one else is goin to take the Bull by the horn....KILL the Goldfish...put the little Fella outta his misery!!!...you sadistic Barbaric Fool!..Pssst..Or if you enjoy this sorta thing...at least take down the Banner, and close the front flap....

(Yes, I know the Piranas have to eat...I feed my snake Live rabbits...but I knock em out and make sure the snake's Hungry..In short...be Professional..)
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
LIVE rabbits? How barbaric!
All my snakes eat a soy based diet and are quite satisfied with their paste.
Here is a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgOG-TkYWsg
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Oops! Wrong link!
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
When I was a kid I saw the same thing happen with my turle. Bit the fish at the end, took his claws and tore the fish in half. The front of the fish swam away, leaving a trail of blood. Eventually got finished.

I've heard of certain restaurants in Asia where they take a fish from a tank, slice out a piece of meat, serve it (raw) and put the fish back in the tank. The fish will live for quite some time, this is one method how they keep their stock fresh. This is also how cannibals eat human flesh, it's a myth about the giant stew pot. If you're lucky they'll hang you upside down, take an arm and let you watch as they eat.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
rubberboy89
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rubberboy89
The reason I hadn't put the goldfish down was I had heard several stories of goldfish regenerating the majority of their bodies. And he seemed to be going strong and not suffering (he was swimming, eating, and using the restroom like any other goldfish.) The plan was to give him 24 hours to see if he continued to thrive or started to suffer.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
It will not re generate an entire body half. Eventually it will die.. but then again we all will.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Dismemberment and "Put Downs"! Sounds like my marriage.
rubberboy89
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rubberboy89
Thanks for the info Nippulini.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Nipps is feeling mortal? How odd!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2010-01-27 08:46, thegreatnippulini wrote:
When I was a kid I saw the same thing happen with my turle. Bit the fish at the end, took his claws and tore the fish in half. The front of the fish swam away, leaving a trail of blood. Eventually got finished.

I've heard of certain restaurants in Asia where they take a fish from a tank, slice out a piece of meat, serve it (raw) and put the fish back in the tank. The fish will live for quite some time, this is one method how they keep their stock fresh. This is also how cannibals eat human flesh, it's a myth about the giant stew pot. If you're lucky they'll hang you upside down, take an arm and let you watch as they eat.

Which tribe(s)?
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
In Sumatra, some of the Batak "tribes" used the tactic, for people who had committed serious offenses. They'd tie the offender to a stake, with a fire in front. They'd put out little dishes of condiments, peppers, limes, etc. And then they'd start slicing. Part of the goal was to keep the victim alive and alert, as long as possible.

In the Americas, a highly similar ritual was used by the Karankawa people, who lived in coastal Texas. But for them, you didn't have to be a criminal. It was a way of outsmarting you. The Karankawas like their tricks, which was why Sam Houston had them exterminated.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I'm at my local Asian grocery (a big one) and there's a lovely display of the freshest seafood all arrayed on a bed of ice. The chief focus is a large fish that has clearly been recently dragged from its tank and split vertically from head to tail. Gotta be fresh ... he was still working his gills, trying to swim, and working his jaws as though he was 'breathing'. Twenty minutes later ... yup, still there, still doing it.

As for the Batak tribes keeping victims alive as long as possible while cannibalizing them? We do it here, too. Only in America it's called "Election Season."
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Who's eating whom? We're the ones out of water, and the pond is reserved for those with the entry fee.

www.bladewalker.com
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
I've heard that there are goldfish in Lake Victoria big enough to swallow college students...
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
What are you carping about?

www.bladewalker.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Sounds fishy to me.
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
I know you can TUNA FISH if it has the right SCALES
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
I'm tempted to take the bait, but I'm afraid my fish pun would tank, and that would leave me feeling gill.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
I just fell for that HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER.... Go ahead Stephen...just for the HALIBUT bY THE WAY I LIVE IN WHALES....MY NAME IS JONAH
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Half Eaten Goldfish Alive (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL