The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gary Jones – No Frills Lecture LIVE DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Darren Holden
View Profile
New user
UK
17 Posts

Profile of Darren Holden
Just a heads up, Gary Jones has A new DVD coming out. Looks like it is going to be a good one.

Here is the Blurb:

The Gary Jones – No Frills Lecture LIVE

1, Coins to Pocket...A coin repeatedly vanishes from the performer's hand and appears in many different pockets of the spectator. This is a real lesson in sleight-of-hand, audience management and misdirection. This routine will teach you how to load coins, cards or just about anything into people's pockets with ease!

2, Starter For 10...You show an order pad (like the type used by waiting staff) and instantly the pad changes into a full deck of cards. This is a superb opener for the restaurant magician! Easily made up in less than one minute with items you probably have lying around.

3, 3Fly Plus...This is Gary's version of this classic. Three silver dollar coins are magically produced (each coin is handled by the spectators), two of the coins visually vanish at the fingertips, these are again produced from the spectator's ear and jacket; the other coin now visually vanishes and appears back in the pocket. All three coins now travel from one hand to the other one at the time and at the very fingertips, each coin now completely vanishes in a most magical way. You are now left 100% clean and reset for the next table!!

4, Sponge Ball Surprise...If you do the sponge balls then you will love Gary's solution to the 'multi ball' climax without the hassle of picking up the balls. This routine also teaches you how to make your volunteers the stars of the show with very clever spectator management and clever routining This routine is perfect for the table hopper/strolling magician is now a firm favorite with many professionals!

5, Prediction Die.. The magician places a prediction on view, spectator throws an imaginary die and calls out the number it landed on, prediction matches, or does it?! 100% self-working.

6, 3 Coin Prediction...You predict the outcome (Heads or Tails) of three coins tossed into the air before they land. 100% self-working.

7, Repeat Signed Cards to Pocket...Three cards are selected, signed and lost in the deck, one by one each card jumps to a different pocket, now without any moves the cards instantly jump back into the pockets. Yes they are really back in the pockets and the spectator can even remove the cards themselves!!! This is a stunning routine and a real magician fooler!!

8, Ring and Pins...A borrowed finger ring jumps off a MARKED safety pin held in your right hand and onto another safety pin held in your left hand, everything can be examined. Visually stunning and very easy to do!

9, 6 Cards to Pocket...Arguably the best method for the cards to pocket out there. This routine has received rave reviews from some of the biggest names in the business.

10, Pseudo Hypno Coin...First you show off with some one coin juggling and then you "make you hand shrink" to a quarter of its size. This a quick and funny routine which establishes the performer and also lets the audience know they're in for some fun.

11, Coins Across...Performance only.

12, Pop Up Phone...The magician openly places two coins into his hand, instantly the coins change into a mobile phone. Very easy to do and 100% impromptu!

13, Mindful Coins...You show a small metal box which contains a prediction (a coin) and this is placed on full view. You now bring out a handful of different coins from all over the world, a spectator chooses any coin (no force). Both coins match. Remember no forces of any kind.

14, Telephone Prediction...A pack of cards is shown to have 52 different telephone numbers written on their backs. The magician writes a prediction on the back of his/her business card and this is given to someone to hold on to. Any card is now named and removed from the deck, the spectator who's been holding onto the business card is asked to read out what is written on the card, but cannot find any writing, all they can find on the business card are the magician's contact details....Yes, the freely selected telephone number matches the performer's contact details!! This is an excellent way of handing out your business card in a very magical way!

15, Ambitious Card (Incorporating Pocket to Pocket)...This is Gary's take on the classic Ambitious Card but...Gary's Pocket to Pocket sequence will have both magicians and lay people scratching their heads in bewilderment. Stunning!

16, Ring and String Climax...When Bobby Bernard saw Gary perform this in Blackpool he said " You caught me that was excellent!" If you do a ring and string routine then this is the ending you have been waiting for!!

Also included on this DVD is Gary's Top Con Control, a very deceptive card control which is very easy to do. Plus loads of tips on misdirection, audience management, timing, pocket management, working tables, working pre dinner drinks receptions etc.

Every effect on this DVD is instantly reset and ready to go again immediately, so if you're a strolling magician you won't ever have to keep disappearing and having to reset your props or pockets.

The advice and tips on this DVD will help the magician who is trying to break into the 'Close-up' market, but the full time professional magician will also find many of Gary's tips extremely useful.

To view the trailer - http://www.themagicattic.co.uk

Best Wishes

Darren
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I'm getting it. No questions asked.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Hands down,I would put Gary ahead of any full time close up professional working in the U.k at the moment.Anybody wishing to add quality material to their repertoire should invest in this dvd.The ambitious/pocket sequence is a stunner.

Highly reccomended.

John
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2010-01-27 16:15, John Carey wrote:
Hands down,I would put Gary ahead of any full time close up professional working in the U.k at the moment.

That honour goes to Paul Gordon surely.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
I kept on reading the effects and the list would not stop. This is a definite yes for me.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Andi, comparing Paul to Gary is apples and oranges. Two VERY different magicians. Both excellent.

Gary's No Frills Lecture Notes ebook is PACKED with great material. Serious workers stuff. I cannot wait to see this dvd. I'm sure it will be wonderful!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I'm sure all the UK guys will pile in here saying this is the greatest DVD ever made.
That's their m.o. on these releases.
~Joe
Darren Holden
View Profile
New user
UK
17 Posts

Profile of Darren Holden
Just a quick update, Gary has kindly said he will give FREE his lecture PDF with DVD this is limited to the first 50.

Darren
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2010-01-27 18:36, Joe Mauro wrote:
I'm sure all the UK guys will pile in here saying this is the greatest DVD ever made.

? I hope not, I'll be judged on what I do and I know it's not to everyone's taste! I actually don't know many UK magicians, but the ones I do know are not into hype!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion!

All the best,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
When will this DVD be out, I really want it, and what will the price be?
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:

This is the greatest DVD ever made.
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Quote:

Do you think all UK magicians live in a big room together and we all know the Queen personally..........and Simon Cowell.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2010-01-28 11:04, Christopher Congreave wrote:
Quote:

Do you think all UK magicians live in a big room together and we all know the Queen personally..........and Simon Cowell.

Hey Charlie! You're from London - You must know a guy I met called John.. !!

Joking (and stereotypes) aside, I think Gary lets his work talk for him. When I briefly met Gary and Chris at Blackpool last year, they were true gentlemen, making time to talk to me(despite being busy), and they happily demo'd their stuff (demonstrating excellent chops). Workers Corner also proved to be very ethical in the past.

I understand concern about hype. Let the reviews come in, eliminate the 'usual suspects' if you believe they are biased, and I'll bet a whole new English pound that the response will still be positive.

I've got a ticket to Blackpool, but probably won't go (so I don't miss my daughters birthday again..), I will try to pick this up at some point though.

Respect to all
Charlie (resident of the independent province of 'Sarf London Village'
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Make all the jokes you want, but it's been noted on The Café before. And then the reviews come in from people that actually bought the product and SURPRISE...it doesn't match all the UK reviewers.

This is like President Obama's people making fun of the tea party people.....and then their Party started losing all the big races.

Making fun of the problem doesn't make it go away. I buy a great deal of magic, but now keep away from UK releases. So, keep laughing about it.
~Joe
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2010-01-28 14:35, Joe Mauro wrote:
Make all the jokes you want, but it's been noted on The Café before. And then the reviews come in from people that actually bought the product and SURPRISE...it doesn't match all the UK reviewers.

This is like President Obama's people making fun of the tea party people.....and then their Party started losing all the big races.

Making fun of the problem doesn't make it go away. I buy a great deal of magic, but now keep away from UK releases. So, keep laughing about it.

Fair point Joe. Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you've been 'burnt' before then it's your choice. The only thing I would add to this is, you maybe missing out on some great magic by not buying anything from the UK, but it's your decision mate.

Just for the record, I'm happy with both positive and negative comments, as long as the negative comments aren't made out of malice!!

All the best,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

So, Joe, you judge products based on where they are produced and not based on content...? That makes a lot of sense... Have you been unhappy with more than a few UK magic products you've purchased? Or are you just parroting what you have read?

I'm American but I work with a couple of UK producers. I also work with US producers, btw. I've met a fair amount of UK magicians. And I have been fortunate enough to meet some very good ones! Gary is an excellent magician. Period. Check out the demo to the dvd. It speaks for itself.

And, I'm sorry, there's just as much hype from Americans about American products as there is about UK stuff on this site. I don't know why the UK takes such a beating for it.

Joe, I've noticed you're posts have become more and more cantancorous lately. Not sure why this is.

This is a personal pet peeve, but, please, let's keep politics out of the magic topics. It's just annoying and distracting.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2010-01-28 14:35, Joe Mauro wrote:
Make all the jokes you want, but it's been noted on The Café before. And then the reviews come in from people that actually bought the product and SURPRISE...it doesn't match all the UK reviewers....So, keep laughing about it.

Joe,
I honestly meant no offence by my comments. I'm over 40 (just), and have a 'day job' in which I have to respect everyone (fire service), and try to respect everyone here on the Café (unless forced not to!).

I was just trying to inject a little humour, and contribute my opinion (which I stand by). I trust some reviews more than others, I guess we all do.

Take care
Charlie
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Charlie, what you wrote is funny. I broke my leg last year and my friends made jokes and even with the pain, they were funny jokes.

The knock on reviews has been mentioned here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=6084801

Cameron, I brought up this subject as I have about Americans that have two posts and review products as if Jesus made them. Perfect 10's, all workers, and on and on.

Cameron,you work with Big Blind Media, so good for you standing up for the UK. The fact that I bring things up that are wrong, no matter where in the world it comes from and you find me 'cantankerous' is odd because it's my money being spent, not yours.

Cameron, when Big Blind released "Alpha To Omgea" and put out a doctored demo to deceive consumers, what was your stand on that?

Did you do anything about it, or just put your head in the sand? Please be open and honest about it, since you are doing that with your opinion about me.
~Joe
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Alpha to Omega is a great effect, period. I've owned it for years (Stephen used to and still does sell it as a PDF on his site). Demo aside, it's still a great effect. I'm not putting my head in the sand. I stood by the effect before BBM released it and I still do.

And, to be honest, when I watched the demo, I didn't know it had been doctored. Just didn't occur to me until I read so many posts about it. Then I watched it a few more times and noticed the discrepancy. Bad call? Maybe. But I also understand how frustrating it is to release a product, shoot a demo for it and then have everyone rip you off by watching the video ten times.

Joe, what comes off as cantankerous is making generalizations. You said that you steer clear of UK releases. I just found that odd because why would you lump all magic products together which come from one country? Have you really purchased so many things from the UK that are garbage?

Again, I will state that Gary's stuff speaks for itself.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I happen to like The Omega DVD. I was just curious what your stand was on the Company you work with being deceitful. You think it's ok so they can protect themselves. At least your honest about it.

I'm sure Gary Jones's DVD ( demo clips Ive seen and like very much ), is a fine DVD.
~Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gary Jones – No Frills Lecture LIVE DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL