The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gary Jones – No Frills Lecture LIVE DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6989 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Joe, I mean no harm. I realize I sounded like a d*** in my previous posts and I apologize for that. Didn't mean to be.

Back to Gary's dvd. I am sure it will be great. And that's not hype. Just my honest opinion.
NUMBERED - A killer predicted card at any number out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/numbered.html
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Cameron and I have had wonderful private communication. My apologies to everyone for bringing this into a DVD with Gary Jones, which does look delightful.

Joe
~Joe
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
This DVD is now also available direct from http://www.garyjonesmagic.com and will shortly be available from http://www.workers-corner.co.uk as soon as I can get hold of the website administrator. All purchasers will receive a free copy of my lecture notes for the time being!!

Kind Regards,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
This looks like a great DVD.

I must admit, though, that I'm uncomfortable with professional magicians selling DVD's and books from their own (aimed at lay people) websites. I think it just makes it too easy for clients to be blown away by the magician and then order a DVD from the same site explaining how the tricks were done!

If you sell a beginners DVD that's aimed at the general public then, obviously, it makes perfect sense to sell it on your website. But Gary's DVD seems to contain his professional working routines. With such professional quality routines on the DVD, I'd certainly recommend a more difficult password to restrict its sale to magicians only. I don't think many of Gary's non-magician clients in the UK are going to be stumped by the question, "what is Derren's last name?"
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2010-01-29 09:44, Caliban wrote:
This looks like a great DVD.

I must admit, though, that I'm uncomfortable with professional magicians selling DVD's and books from their own (aimed at lay people) websites. I think it just makes it too easy for clients to be blown away by the magician and then order a DVD from the same site explaining how the tricks were done!

If you sell a beginners DVD that's aimed at the general public then, obviously, it makes perfect sense to sell it on your website. But Gary's DVD seems to contain his professional working routines. With such professional quality routines on the DVD, I'd certainly recommend a more difficult password to restrict its sale to magicians only. I don't think many of Gary's non-magician clients in the UK are going to be stumped by the question, "what is Derren's last name?"

I understand where you're coming from but I don't think a lay person will shell out money to find how to do magic when they can do a quick search on YouTube!

It really doesn't matter what password you use they will find any answer on google!!

As long as there's no exposure all will be OK.

All the best,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6989 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Trust me, lay people don't care about buying magic dvds. We think they will all beat down the walls to discover our secrets, but the majority of lay people simply don't care enough to buy a dvd of material. Gary is right, they will most likely try YouTube if they really, really want to know. Fortunately for us, most lay people don't know the names our effects! Of course, if they want to know badly enough to spend money on it, they are probably interested in becoming magicians themselves. Smile

Magic is a very small world. It's difficult for us to see that sometimes but as someone who got out of magic for a while and spent some time as a lay person, I can tell you that running into magicians is rare and lay people are not obsessed with our secrets. Smile
NUMBERED - A killer predicted card at any number out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/numbered.html
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2411 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
They're not? Wait a minute
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gary Jones – No Frills Lecture LIVE DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL