The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini Golf Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hal Weaver
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Hal Weaver
Friends,

Are Fakini Golf Balls made of Silicone?
Do they look like golf balls? Is the shell metal?

Hal
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
The Fakini Golf Balls are made of silicon.

Yes, they do look like real golf balls.

The "other thing" feels like it is made of either lightweight metal or a hard plastic material covered with a layer of silicon , so it matches the look and texture of the balls.
Hal Weaver
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Hal Weaver
Dai,

That's interesting. I suspect silicone has a "clingy" feel to it, resistant to slipping. Is this right? I always found the move of running the balls along so there were "four" of them a bit problematic, and usually took the safe way out.

Hal
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
The Fakini golf balls are in fact quite "clingy" and easy to palm and hold between fingers.

You might want to look at a couple of the threads down below titled "Billiard Balls" and "Cheaper Billiard Balls". I make mention of the availablity of inexpensive foam rubber golf balls (practice golf balls made by Dennco and also Wilson).
These balls are identical in feel and handling to the foam rubber balls that used to come with the Laurie Ireland Multiplying Golf Balls. The Dennco "Foam-Flite" practice golf balls look like real golf balls , but are very lightweight and easy to handle. If you were to purchase a single Fakini Golf Ball gimmick from Denny & Lee you could then buy a set of the Dennco or Wilson practice golf balls for about $3.00. The single Fakini gimmick will run about $19.00. So, you could have a nice set of multiplying golf balls for $22.00. Even less if you can find one of those kids toy golfing sets with the slightly over-sized plastic golf balls.
One of these slightly over-sized plastic golf balls can be made into a very decent golf ball gimmick (but paint it white on the inside to make it totally opaque) . Not all the toy golf sets have the same sort of plastic balls. You will have to look around to find the kind that are just a bit oversized, but not too oversized. The ones that are just slightly larger than a real golf ball work fine as a multiplying ball gimmick. (you'll actually get two gimmicks from one ball.)

http://www.dennymagic.com
Hal Weaver
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Hal Weaver
Thanks Dai. If the practice balls are the same size as the Ireland ones, I can repaint and use my shell.

Hal
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2002-04-07 04:07, Hal Weaver wrote:
Thanks Dai. If the practice balls are the same size as the Ireland ones, I can repaint and use my shell.

Hal

Yes, if you have an Ireland gimmick you should have no problem using the Dennco or Wilson foam rubber practice balls. Just give the practice balls a light dusting of the same white spray paint that you use on the gimmick so that they are a complete match in color . (but not too much paint on the balls so they don't stiffen-up).

The practice balls are so inexpensive that it would be worth buying several sets to keep some in reserve in the cooler, so they don't dry out.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Hope I'm not repeating earlier parts of the thread. Anyway, brings to mind the Ade Duval routine. He was using the Irelands I think. Looked so great on camera.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini Golf Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL