The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » EZ Magic items (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
788 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
As you saw in my earlier post ,I found an EZ Magic Liquid Appear. I also have the EZ Magic "Candy Factory".Someone please PM me if either of these are collectible worthy. I need to sell many of my used effects to help pay college tuitions for my 2 sons. Thank you
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
magiquarian
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of magiquarian
Sorry to disappoint you, no collectors on these or any EZ magic for that purpose. They sold what we called "slum magic". On ghe other hand early SS Adams is collectible!
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
435 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Quote:
On 2010-02-07 18:47, magiquarian wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you, no collectors on these or any EZ magic for that purpose. They sold what we called "slum magic". On ghe other hand early SS Adams is collectible!

These statements are true....but allow me to expand just a bit. EZ magic was/is a line of magic produced in MASSIVE quantities and essentially sold by dealers as beginner effects. Lots of people own many EZ magic effects......they're pretty much all "common", per se. I certainly have a few....and I have a modest collection of magic props/items. Now, (not knowing exactly what you have/how much of it you have)......could there be some "value" there? Well......sure.......again, it just depends on what you have/how much you have/how much you're willing to accept for it (basic economics). People here are pretty eager to buy, if the price is right. I'd post a good long list (with descriptions) of what you have, whether the instructions are included yada-yada-yade. You'll get a few takers. Good luck!
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
EZ Magic always was ground-level affordable, which is why it was sold by many magic shops, who merely rubber-stamped their name on the cover of the multitude of EZ Magic catalogs that were out there. It was where most beginner magicians started, along with Adams and Royal (before overseas companies like Tenyo, Chu's, etc. became stronger in the US market).

The manufacturers of the EZ Magic line has changed over the years, although it has been a mainstay of D. Robbins for a long time. Almost hard to believe, but the same products that are out there today, are crap by comparison to the older stuff available when I was a kid. In that regard, the older stuff would likely hold more value than the newer counterparts, assuming fewer and fewer pieces will survive over time.

Some other companies, still in business today are seeing the older versions of their products gaining collectible status, even though some of them were just a notch up from the more common EZ line.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
LOL!

Michael's been there.

Sad but true! It was hard to believe that anybody would ever make magic props inferior to EZ Magic. But it has been accomplished!

Looking back, although most of these props were absolute junk, they worked.

I can remember the MDA (Magic Dealers' Association) with their $2.00 rule. (No trick could be sold for less than $2.00) For some EZ Magic that would have been criminal.

Facts are we had the catalogs and read the print off of them. The ads were great. We learned a lot with EZ Magic and made others watch.

It is certainly not worthless to an aspiring magician. But I do recommend Plan B to pay for college tuition.

EZ Pickins
Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » EZ Magic items (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL