The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Ray Grismer has passed away (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I am happy to report that Stephen Minch of Hermetic Press will be doing a book on Ray's magic this year, with profits going to Ray's daughter in Florida. I will be assisting Stephen in this project, along with Max Krause. Stephen is a wonderful author and I know he will do a superb job on the book.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
So pleased to hear about the forthcoming book on Ray Grismer's magic. I'm sure it will sell very well, and surprise many magicians of just how talented Ray was.
I know that Stephen Minch will do a very fine job. Well done Scott! Best regards, Steve.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of msmaster
I'm another looking forward to the publication of Ray's magic.
Daryl Easton
View Profile
V.I.P.
174 Posts

Profile of Daryl Easton
Wow, am I ever shocked! I was just about to email my old friend Ray with a question when I discovered that I didn't have his email address. I went to Google see if I could look it up. Yikes!!! He died and I didn't even know it. For that matter, I didn't even know that he had moved from Idaho to Florida. Boy, am I ever out of the loop! For the record, I wholeheartedly I agree with EVERYONE else that knew him... Ray Grismer was a great guy and although I haven't talked to him in years, and I just found out that he died a few minutes ago... I miss him already. Thank you Ray for everything you've shared with us.
Daryl - The Magician's Magician

www.Daryl.net
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Ray put out some fantastic underground work as well.

His "The Punch Letters" remains one of the major works in the use of a hustlers pegger, containing many ideas that really only show up in Ray's book.

RIP Ray.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I had the great pleasure of having Ray teach me some of his unpublished material, which I've forwarded on to Steve Minch for possible inclusion in the book. Like all of Ray's stuff, is is very, very clever and very, very strong.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Still remember my first vhs tape with Ray, it was great. Sorry to hear about the loss for everybody.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16987 Posts

Profile of joseph
My condolences to his family...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
220 Posts

Profile of bropaul
WOW! I must be the last to know. Oh Ray, what can I say. All those times you and I spent sippin' some scotch and just playing around. I've told a lot of stories over the years about your direct approach to magic, your solutions, how you came up with "Loopy", which I use at every street show I do.

Heck I remember the time in 1978 when we were in the Magic Lamp in Cucamonga, CA and you put your drink down, flipped over your cocktail napkin and scribbled down some notes. Then you grabbed a deck of cards, blew me away with a cards across routine... "Thirty was born."

That little flurishy double cut where you pop out the bottom card for a revel is in any card trick I do.

So much stuff... You will continue to entertain me... Forever... I Love you Brother... See you later.

Bro. Paul West

Click here to view attached image.
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
gphrenol
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of gphrenol
After this amount of time I still realize how many much Ray affected so many of my thoughts. Great person.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5288 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Was the book ever published?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Ray Grismer has passed away (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL