The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PLATT PAD- finally here! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1874 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2010-03-03 02:16, oombob wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-28 14:40, lunatik wrote:
..... I have no clue as to what this does or anything.

Well that's the whole idea right there.

well said. I've already received a lot of great ideas for the pad. Owners look out for an updated video in the tips & tricks section soon.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
The anticipation here is driving me nutz aswell and I can't remember an order that made me feel like this... I don't have it but already know that this will be great!

Ordered 26 Feb and still nothing at my door Smile
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1874 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2010-03-10 17:52, Elcio wrote:
The anticipation here is driving me nutz aswell and I can't remember an order that made me feel like this... I don't have it but already know that this will be great!

Ordered 26 Feb and still nothing at my door Smile

Hi Elcio, I deeply apologize for the crazy mail delay. They do occasionally happen. There are certain things out of our control, but I thank you for your patience.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6243 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Elcio, the mail is a fickle mistress. Trust me, it's well worth the wait.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Hi Brian and Greg,

I will wait of course but you know when you see something so good and useful you can't wait for it Smile
Already have place for this on my desk and when clients come bingo!

Cheers,
E
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3381 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Is this an open style pad or has it a cover that needs to be closed?
cheerz
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2396 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I too am still waiting and hoping the postman will deliver this marvel any day now. I have heard so many good things ... & already have worked out a routine I am hoping to use it with.

Come on postman ....
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6243 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
It's the kind of a scratch pad that has no cover.

Greg
KBLV
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
188 Posts

Profile of KBLV
Angle question, I work with the audience seated below the level of the table I use, and VERY close to the stage. Any angle problems?

Thanks, this looks terrific.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1874 Posts

Profile of Platt
Takeachance- it's an open style pad with no cover. the kind of scratch pad you'd see on a desk.

greg- thanks for the compliments. you've had some outstanding suggestions for routines with the pad.

kblv- the angles are very good for the pad. the only mandate is that the person is looking down on the pad, which will be nearly every performing situation except for one- the one you described. sorry.

platt
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6243 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
The only bad angle is someone looking under the pad.

Greg
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3381 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks guys, it just gets better.
KBLV
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
188 Posts

Profile of KBLV
If the pad is on the table, and the spec is onstage with me and looking down at the pad, AND, if I move the pad back far enough from the edge of the table, will the rest see what I don't want them to see?

Or, can I turn the business end of the pad stage left so they aren't seeing it straight on?
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1874 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2010-03-12 02:49, KBLV wrote:
If the pad is on the table, and the spec is onstage with me and looking down at the pad, AND, if I move the pad back far enough from the edge of the table, will the rest see what I don't want them to see?

Or, can I turn the business end of the pad stage left so they aren't seeing it straight on?

I'll pm you as I'd prefer for this not to become a q&a back and forth. But considering your situation that should work fine. Again I'll pm you with details. Thanks.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
I hate to be a pain, but I seem to be kind of missing the point.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1874 Posts

Profile of Platt
For some reason, I hate when people post quotes or reviews (of their own products) from reputable magicians on this site. That said, I'm going to post a quote from a reputable magician on this site. If you want to take a running cyberkick in my crotch, I understand. I'd like to thank Mr. Ostelind, in advance, for the very kind words:

"The Platt Pad represents old world craftsmanship combined with modern mentalism! When I first opened the package I couldn't believe how well thought out and well built this device is. At first it looks just like a common pad, but Man, there is so much more! Every bit of the apparatus looks and works flawlessly.

Basically, it is a switching device. But what a device! I love it! I love how it is made, how it works and what you can do with it.

When I watched the video it was apparent how good this plays and how brilliant the moves are. The DVD included gives you all types of tips and ideas, but I can see how many will come up with even more.

This is not something you want to pass by. This is good … REAL GOOD!

Richard Osterlind
March, 2010
tandy
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of tandy
How much did richard pay for this?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6243 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Well, I'll second what Richard has to say about it... and I paid the full price that's on the website. As a matter of fact, here's something funny: Platt originally was going to send me one for free so I can test it and review it. I had seen the video and thought it was something just for card tricks so I told him to not waste a hold product on me and send it to someone else.

After I started seeing what others were saying I decided to buy it. I'm glad I did. It has a lot of possibilities in the mentalism world. It's a well made product with an extensive DVD accompanying it.

Greg
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On 2010-03-12 15:14, Greg Arce wrote:
Well, I'll second what Richard has to say about it... and I paid the full price that's on the website. As a matter of fact, here's something funny: Platt originally was going to send me one for free so I can test it and review it. I had seen the video and thought it was something just for card tricks so I told him to not waste a hold product on me and send it to someone else.

After I started seeing what others were saying I decided to buy it. I'm glad I did. It has a lot of possibilities in the mentalism world. It's a well made product with an extensive DVD accompanying it.

Greg

Greg

I've been looking at this a lot, and perform only mentalism. Could you share a few usage ideas either here or in pm? I'm just not sure how/where it would be used and be more useful than one of the pads with an open back and shelf that Derren and Etienne have taught in their material.

thanks.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6243 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I sent an idea to Platt about doing a pseudo CMR routine and it can be used for a Q & A.

Anyway, if you have something that already works for you then skip it. No need to add more stuff that might go in the drawer.

There is one great idea in the DVD that's a card trick but has a killer ending called FU Card Trick

Greg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PLATT PAD- finally here! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL