The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PLATT PAD- finally here! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1874 Posts

Profile of Platt
Tandy, Richard was one of a very very small group of people who has greatly inspired me either on the Café or through their magic releases. To these select few people (i can count them on one hand) I offered a complimentary pad. A healthy amount of skepticism on the Café is a good thing. But Richard owes me absolutely nothing and has no reason to say anything he doesn't mean. I feel honored that he had such a positive reaction to the pad and offered such a glowing review. I'm proud to share it.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
For me, toughest audience is always my daughter and step sons. Love the fact that when I did a test run for them they immediately grabbed for the cards... didn't even give the pad a second look.

Great work Brian!

(fyi - for people who work "at a desk" during the day, this is a MUST HAVE. Will be invisible to anyone you're performing for, and can work miracles with your business cards....)
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2999 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
This is an exceptionally well made device. It looks totally innocent, and is designed for maximum ease, speed and fluidity during the "move." It's also made of high quality materials, and would be extremely difficult to put together as well yourself even if you examined a prototype or had plans, given the skills required in several mediums of materials. The prop itself is well worth the price, but you also get extras to get you started right away, and two detailed DVDs full of ideas. Although you're not going to want to keep using this again and again during the same set, you should never run out of ideas for creative ways to use it.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2396 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Unfortunately still waiting. Usually post between the US and UK does not take this long.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Neil I think people at Post check it and were amazed, this is too good to leave! So they kept it... I hope not Smile

Still waiting too Smile
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2396 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Yes, I was wondering the same - or Customs have decided to do some entertaining! I assume these were sent by air - otherwise they are probably bobbing up and down on some ship somewhere!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Neils I hope our week begans the best way Smile
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Neils it seems my week began the best way, I got it. Customs took a look at it Smile

Ok, one word for this? OUTSTANDING!
Congratulations for Brian & father for releasing this for the community. Thanks Nick Trost for inspiring them R.I.P.

Greg, FU is top notch and so innocent... 100% free will Smile
The One Eye Love "principle" here is so good aswell.

Thank you once again,
E
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
You can also perform a very clean Blizzard type effect using the pad. You would use the F.U card trick routine taught on the DVD but substitute in a blank faced deck.

Write down your prediction of the four cards they will pick on a slip of paper and lay it on the pad. After they pick the cards, have them take the prediction off the pad and do the move at this time.

You can now show them that not only did you predict in advance what four cards they would pick, you can also show them that the rest of the cards in the deck are blank. You can't do the second prediction as in the F.U card trick but I think the added kicker of the blank deck makes up for it.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2396 Posts

Profile of NeilS
After some wait the postman delivered it this morning, and boy the wait was well worth it. Utterly fantastic & is something I will definitely be using.

Although I have only had chance to see a very small part of one of the two DVD's, the instructions, effects and possibilities are superb. Thanks guys.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I've seen it, soooo devious Smile

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1874 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 21:38, Roth wrote:
I've seen it, soooo devious Smile

-Rick

Thanks Rick. I must admit, I've never known a whole lot about you and your company. But I do now. If anyone is looking for inspiration, check this out. Great interview: http://mnw.squarespace.com/magicnewsfeed......oth.html
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Not having seen this in person, is this something that I can carry with me without it being a burden? I like to travel, as well, so taking with me on planes is a must. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2999 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
It's definitely small enough to take with you while traveling. If you have it in your carry on luggage, there's a possibility it might attract some interest from an alert security officer, but so would many magic props.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
266 Posts

Profile of Martello
Just received mine today and am half way through the first of the 2 DVD's. Had to stop to say how incredible this is. Ingenious! It has far exceeded my expectations and the entire package is well produced, comprehensive and considering the cost/use factor, a bargain. I will surely use this. thank you Brian for your creativity and killer magic.

Arthur
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1509 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I received mine and looked at both CD's. Then I had the tough decision on which routine out of the many suggested I wanted to try. I thought to start I would try the happy face routine on my wife who hates magic and "has seen it all". Well she looked at the cards at the end and did not have a clue what happened. She was fooled-WOW. I will probably use the "F.U. card trick" routine though most of the time.

This is excellent! I did make one change which was suggested in the added flier. I found it easier to perform that way. Not that I have the necessary need to change I just found it easier for me. I don't want to give much away here so that is why I am so vague but if you have the product you will know what I mean.

I love this and WILL use it.

Ron
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
832 Posts

Profile of nique
I sent Platt sometime back with a handling of what I think is an extremely fair looking OOTW routine that I refer to as "Dark". Might or might not be on his site after the update. Looking forward to hearing more about what others are doing with this great device!
"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1874 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2010-06-10 14:31, nique wrote:
I sent Platt sometime back with a handling of what I think is an extremely fair looking OOTW routine that I refer to as "Dark". Might or might not be on his site after the update. Looking forward to hearing more about what others are doing with this great device!

hi nique, yes, your ootw idea is great. very smart use of the pad. I've had numerous other nice ideas PM'd to me as well. it's been a crazy year for me, but I should have it up on the site some time soon.
lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
Hi,
can anyone tell me if the routines have to involve playing cards or business cards. Can pieces of paper be used?
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Quote:
On 2010-06-20 11:21, lemonjug wrote:
Hi,
can anyone tell me if the routines have to involve playing cards or business cards. Can pieces of paper be used?

Yes, I think pieces of paper can be used, but the handling might be more difficult. Maybe the best thing instead of paper would be blank index cards. I´m really satisfyed with the product and you will get many good rutines supplied on two disks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PLATT PAD- finally here! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL