The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Sleeveless Flash Silk Production. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Hug,

Ya, this is probably the way. I had the inclination to see if there was anything more complex.. Call me crazy.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Simple works.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2010-02-02 16:01, Hansel wrote:
Mc'Bride Appearence.
Stage Magic Volume 1 have the nicest method for what you are asking,
Good luck...
Hansel!

Yeah, I forgot Jeff wears those Japanese shirts.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
I've heard Vito Lupo's method is really good. Where can you get his lecture notes?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Does the silk have to be a full 24" square silk, or would a diamond silk of like size be acceptable? Even compacted into a rolled ball, a 24" silk would make quite a large bundle.

If you have the Channing Pollock appearance on the "Daniel Boone" TV series, he does a bare-hand silk production using what might be described as a 24" silk rolled into a sort of Stillwell ball. It was not part of his classic act as seen in "European Nights," but it is a very effective silk production. If you know what a Stillwell ball is, you can maybe interpolate what I'm hinting at. But Channing's hands were large enough to provide adequate cover for a rolled 24" silk. I suppose, too, that the quality of the 24" silk will determine how compactly it can be rolled.

Joseph also did what looked like a 24" silk production as part of his first appearance on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I do have Josephs Carson clip, ill look into it. Unfortunately it would need to be a full 24". My hands are large enough for the palm.

Thank you.
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
269 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
Would you be able to pick up a wand (or take it from inside your vest), then use it to point at one hand, making the silk appear? Not to tip it here, but I think this is in several books. It could be done anytime during your act.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1440 Posts

Profile of JNeal
The "Channing Pollock" method( off the back of the hand) doesn't require a Stillwell ball, just a loop of thread. This is also the method Joseph used, if I recall correctly. It was quite popular here on the west coast as Peter Pit taught it to several manipulation acts. Roy Shank used it to good effect as well, back when he did manipulation...
The Vito Lupo method discussed earlier in this thread is really based on Levent's techniques and was shown to Vito by Levent , if memory serves.

However,Richard (Rug) is quite correct, a single thread to a vest or pocket works wonders and is also written up (drawn up?) in Anverdi's notes, albeit with a wooden ring. It has the added advantage of lacking angularity issues.

-JNeal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Sam Berland also sold something similar to the Channing method called the Silk Appear. You could manipulate it like a hank ball. Snap your hand down and the silk was there extended at your fingertips.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Sleeveless Flash Silk Production. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL