The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tsunami Project by MagiKel and SM Productionz - DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kelvin Ng
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC
68 Posts

Profile of Kelvin Ng
The Tsunami Project by SM productionz is now available. I'd like to point out that this release is completely unrelated to the classic Bob Farmer Tsunami card routine.

This is now available to your favorite magic dealers and shops worldwide.

Here is what you get:

A concept that allows you to do four unique effects with a superb twist in the end; COLOR WAVE, TWISTED WAVE, FLUSH WAVE, TSUNAMI TRANSPO. It's a 4 in 1 combo! In this DVD, you will gain access to detailed video instruction on building special gimmick behind this wonderful concept within 15 minutes and perform top-notch visual magic with no sleight of hand! This is not just a four effect in one; this is a utility gaff you can make for yourself for countless effect using this concept. Only the sky is the limit!

Twisted Wave
Four Aces, visually turns from face up to face down in a blink. When the cards are turned over once more, they are now four completely different cards.

Color Wave
Four Kings (blue back) visually turns from face down to face up in a blink. When the cards are turned over once more, they are now red backs.

Flush Wave
Five random cards visually turns into Royal Flush.

Tsunami Transpo

A sleight free 8 card packet strolling routine. Visual magic with a twisted card to pocket transpo climax. Extremely easy to do comes straight from Kelvin's professional repertoire.

I've posted the Tsunami Transpo demo video here for you to view. This is a full advanced routine that uses this concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwydpFLc_Yo

Thank you everyone,
"We tend to think that magic is all about us, what we do, and how we execute the tricks, when in actuality, it's really about what the spectator witnesses, imagines, and remembers in their minds."

- Wayne Houchin
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2010-02-02 14:23, Kelvin Ng wrote:
The Tsunami Project by SM productionz is now available. I'd like to point out that

Why not change the name then? Will this be in the box, in bold lettering, so that consumers know:

"this release is completely unrelated to the classic Bob Farmer Tsunami card routine".
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
OliverI
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of OliverI
Quote:
On 2010-02-02 17:20, Review King wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-02 14:23, Kelvin Ng wrote:
The Tsunami Project by SM productionz is now available. I'd like to point out that

Why not change the name then? Will this be in the box, in bold lettering, so that consumers know:

"this release is completely unrelated to the classic Bob Farmer Tsunami card routine".

Please let this go - you've become a stuck record. You've made your point and Kelvin has responded, so lets get on with things and stop giving the guy a hard time.

If you have nothing better to do then I just feel sorry for you.

Good luck Kelvin - I'm loving this!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
OliverI, you have only 2 posts and both on this subject? HMMMMMM. Affiliated at all with this product? Maybe you work for them? Friends?

I'll keep posting until you come clean, how is that?

Broken Record King

Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2010-02-03 10:38, Review King wrote:
OliverI, you have only 2 posts and both on this subject? HMMMMMM. Affiliated at all with this product? Maybe you work for them? Friends?

I'll keep posting until you come clean, how is that?

Broken Record King

Well I have more then 2 post so I'll say it

"PLEASE LET IT GO!"

The first thing I thought reading your first comment was "Not this again!".

From my understanding someone from smproductionz already spoke with Bob in private and decided the name to be suitable (from what they posted in the previous thread).

I just want to have a intelligent conversation on the effect, it's really a great trick, 4 pages of bickering was enough man, seriously.

Paul
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Paul, my rule is 2 posts or 995. You just made it.

In this 'new' thread, that was started by the creator, Kelvin Ng, he brought up the fact that this is unrelated to Bob Farmers effect. BUT...this is on an internet forum, that many people do not visit. How can they know when they walk into a shop?

I was just asking why they can't put

"this release is completely unrelated to the classic Bob Farmer Tsunami card routine" on the box.

No harm in asking that,is there? Can't that be part of your intelligent conversation? I mean, they started a brand new thread, so, I think the question is appropriate. I didn't ask them to change the name of the effect as that was already covered in the other thread.

rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
[quote]On 2010-02-03 12:18, Review King wrote:
No harm in asking that, is there? Can't that be part of your intelligent conversation? I mean, they started a brand new thread, so, I think the question is appropriate. I didn't ask them to change the name of the effect as that was already covered in the other thread.

[quote]Why not change the name then? Will this be in the box, in bold lettering, so that consumers know......
[quote]

RK,
You DID ask them to change the name (again) in your post......
or perhaps I'm missing something?

Respectfully,
rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
I ordered this today Paul so I guess when it arrives I'll have an intellegent conversation about it with you....granted this thread is still open.

JJ
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2010-02-03 12:53, jordanjohnson wrote:
I ordered this today Paul so I guess when it arrives I'll have an intellegent conversation about it with you....granted this thread is still open.

JJ

Sounds good, and if this thread is not open, I posted a review of this effect in the "Trick and Effects" part of the forum. Looking forward to your thoughts on it, I'm sure you will be just as happy as I am with it Smile BTW, if you send me a receipt of purchase through PM I will give you a heads-up on what you will need before hand to make the effect possible, It will save ya some time my friend Smile

Review King: I understand where your comming from, but continuing to argue about the name is like beating a dead horse, it's not gonna get us no where. The 2 creators have already discussed the issue in private and if Bob is happy with the final name decided on then that is really all that matters.

RK: BTW, I am now officially Out-Side "Your Rule" with 996 post Smile hahaha It's a joke, just thought I'd mention it Smile All in good fun

Paul
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Paul, you posted also in the Tricks section? In that section, my rule is 996 and above, so I'll continue my questioning over there.

:rotf:

Kelvin Ng
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC
68 Posts

Profile of Kelvin Ng
Hi everyone,

Thanks to the supporters and comments about my release. I really appreciate your comments and your help. If you haven't checked the above link already, please do so to see the routine in action.

review king,

I've mentioned this before, but Bob and I have come to an agreement. I will be looking to change the name altogether on the second run. Many products do not make it to the second run these days due to the saturation, but due to the postive response, things may change.

Because I can't make too many changes, Bob has only asked me to ensure that I mention his name to not confuse our customers. I've reached out to Bob privately and wanted to resolve this behind closed doors. I really appreciate the concern.

On the other hand, this thread is created just to let everyone know The Tsunami Project is available from your favorite magic dealer and to pick up a copy from there.

Much appreciated,

Kelvin
"We tend to think that magic is all about us, what we do, and how we execute the tricks, when in actuality, it's really about what the spectator witnesses, imagines, and remembers in their minds."

- Wayne Houchin
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
That's great that you were able to work it out Kelvin.

Looking forward to my copy arriving in a day or two.
Best of luck with it.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I own the online version that they released during Christmas, I just love it! It's not that I don't do sleight of hand, I am pretty addicted to sleights. But there are just things you can't do with pure sleight of hand. I've been performing the advanced four to four transpo routine in my regular gig and I have to say this.. The reaction has been very strong as expected. It's a twist routine that's visual and with a kicker, the audience just went nuts! Plus I've always prefer display type of effect over 'pick a card', some argue that having audience selecting a card involves them into the game. It does! But most of us would already have enough pick a card effects. A unique display kind of routine that you can perform in strolling gig is hard to come by. I would recommend this effect to anyone who performs strolling!! It's a worker. For the four to four transpo routine, if you make yourself one more set of gaff, it's instant reset! I am not sure if I am giving too much away so I'll stop here. It's really designed for the workers. You'll laugh when you perform this. It's just really a no brainer!! It's really a treat to perform this piece.

Best of luck to Kelvin's DVD release. I love it! Looking forward to the future release from them.

Aaron
Aaronish Magic
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Looks like there are many applications and possibilities. I'll be picking one up and let you guys know what I think. It sure looks great on the demo!
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
Just wondering but this trick looks exactly like tsunami....

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/magic-shop/56-......=ichange
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
Or vice versa
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
It isn't the same method.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
Thanks nico......as a buyer if I wanted to purchase ichange or this which one should I purchase and why
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Ok so I just received this the other day and tried to make the gimmick yesterday and it doesn't work. The gimmick has no snap to it and doesn't open. I did it twice just like the video...any pointers on how to correct this?
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
PM'd you.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tsunami Project by MagiKel and SM Productionz - DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL