The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Instant Card Box Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Hey Y'all,

I'm looking to create a production of a box of bridge sized cards, which will then lead into a manipulative sequence. Basically, I will be facing the audience from the onset, and I would like a clean display of the hands, so perhaps along the lines of a flash appearance I am envisioning.

I have looked into card catchers, but I do not want to go this route.

If there are any instant productions on the market in the form of effect, or book or video, that could be adapted to a box of cards, fantastic. I wear black, and would like to produce the white card box on front of my body, about solar plexus to chest area.

I work sleeveless.

Basically, I am simply attempting to expand my conceptual boundaries via the insight which may arise from another in relation to this. I don't think there have been methods released for a flash box of cards production, but manipulation magic as a whole has vast reservoirs from which to draw ideas. If any ideas come to mind, let me know. I'm looking forward to it.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
By "sleeveless," I assume you mean without a jacket/coat. There are a couple that require your wearing one, but they don't use the sleeves. John Carney's in 'Carneycopia' immediately comes to mind, if I'm not mistaking it for something else.
If you wear a buttoned shirt, you may be able to play with retrieving the cards out from between two buttons.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Is that your opener, Desmond?
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
It isn't an opener, Bojan, no. However, it comes in the act at the beginning of a new sequence, somewhat like a new paragraph in an essay. Tension has been released in terms of the audience's experience.

On 2010-02-02 18:42:
Douglas, I'm clad in a vest, so, yes, there are unlimited possibilities. Can you elaborate on what is contained within your reference?
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I just went to look it up. John Carney's "Chill Pack" is an instantaneous fingertip production of a pack of cards. Along with being printed in 'Carneycopia,' which I believe may be out of print, it's included in his 'Chicarnery' video. If your vest has an inside breast pocket, it should work for you.

In effect: The magician searches his pockets in vain. When the magician grabs an invisible "something" from the air and brings his hands together, a deck of cards pops into view.

If you're looking for a manipulative type of production, I suppose something like David Regal's "Sudden Deck" would be a no go?
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Yes, a manipulative production. Ill search this reference.

Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Instant Card Box Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL