The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The Doctor helping Haitai (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
I received an email from 'hypnothoughts.com telling me about this offer.
Any thoughts?

Dr. Jonathan Royle aka Alex Smith has sent you a message on HypnoThoughts.com
HYPNOTIST TO HELP HAITI -
Will You Please Help Me To Raise £13,000+ for the Haiti Charity Appeal? - I'm gonna donate £130 for each and every person who takes action and orders the Complete Hypnotic & NLP Business Success Package (as per details at this link) http://roylehypnotist.wordpress.com

Before Friday at 11-30pm ...UK GMT. -

You'll Notice that for LESS THAN £200 you'll GET A SERIOUS MONEY MAKING HYPNOSIS & NLP BUSINESS PACKAGE and also be donating £130 to Haiti Charity Appeal - Value!
Kind Regards

Jonathan Royle
PS: You can help support this worthy cause further by posting details of this fund raising effort to your websites, blogs, facebook friends and everyone you know who has an interest in Hypnosis and NLP who would benefit from a Course with a ONE YEAR money back guarantee whilst also RAISING MONEY FOR CHARITY
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think hes turned over a new leaf.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
I think he's managed to hypnotise mindpunisher.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well ok then hes turning over the punters. But surely a Doctor would be genuine?
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I know he has a mixed reputation, but that is no reason to assume this is not a genuine effort. Assuming it is, I applaud him and wish him the best of success.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Are you buying the pack Tony?
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Hmmm, if the pack is £200 and £130 goes to Haitai that means £70 goes to the doc. That's over 50% of an overriding commission. Simon Cowell only takes 15% from me.

But as MP says: "surely a doctor would be genuine". Makes sense to me. Doh.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Think about the Haiti's Bobser dig in to yer pockets man.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I don't know about the U.K., but in the U.S., donations are tax deductible.

This would mean that not only will Royale make 70 Pounds directly off of each sale, he'll also be able to deduct 130 Pounds from his taxes. It's win-win for him, and I doubt if you'll get anything that you don't already know.

I believe he sells the entire thing on eBay for about 50 Pounds ("13 DISC MASTER PRACTITIONER NLP DVD HOME STUDY COURSE"). When you go to the link you posted, it says, "This blog has been archived or suspended for a violation of our Terms of Service." Hmmm.

Finally, I would point out that he's attempting to make money off the misery in Haiti. I would add that Kenton Knepper, in a business email, writes, "Kenton felt this was using the situation in Haiti to sell product and he is steadfast against such ploys."

I have purchased some of Mr. Royale's products. They're okay, but IMO certainly not outstanding. If you want to buy his products, go to eBay and get them at a good price. If you want to make a donation to help the victim in Haiti, do so directly. I would suggest in the U.S. going through the Red Cross.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
For once I agree with Craig...
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Hi Mindpunisher. I bought his book and enjoyed it. But I won't be shelling out £200 for him to say the same things on DVD. By the way I followed your marketing advice. I've booked the venue and the posters are being printed right now. As Del Boy would say, this time next year we'll be millionaires.
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I love it when we all agree. EXCEPT I'm not sure about the Red Cross. So much of the money gets caught up in bureaucratic BS. Doctors Without Borders is better I hear. As far as getting things done and not stock piling it.

Have a great day gentlemen!
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
You can read more about this ploy from JR on hypnothoughts.

http://www.hypnothoughts.com/group/hypno......lp-haiti

Sure JR knows about hypnosis, but there are many people to learn hypnosis from, without resorting to marketing tactics that are flat out offensive.

Only a fool would buy a product becasue the hawker promised to make a donation. That goes for ANY product, not just this one.

It is hard to shock me. This was a shocking attempt to gain from a nations sorrow.
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Actually Richard its a standard marketing technique used by many companies. You may not like it you may be offended but he is selling products on the back of this.

And he IS making the donations. They aren't promises they are fact. I don't like a lot Of Royle's tactics either. He is good at "playing" the fool. But he usually has himself well covered.

At the end of the day the charity will benefit along with Royle.

And by the way you are helping him.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2010-02-03 19:26, TonyB2009 wrote:
Hi Mindpunisher. I bought his book and enjoyed it. But I won't be shelling out £200 for him to say the same things on DVD. By the way I followed your marketing advice. I've booked the venue and the posters are being printed right now. As Del Boy would say, this time next year we'll be millionaires.

Good luck Tony,

I have just started my old plan too! But with a few small venues first to dip my toe in.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Exciting times. Once we get the smaller venues out of the way, we can fight over the Albert Hall.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
If you want me to take a look at your posters let me know
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
"This blog has been archived or suspended for a violation of our Terms of Service."

royles wordpress link is dead Smile
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2010-02-03 05:58, mindpunisher wrote:

Well, an easier way to insure that 100% of the monies go to where they need to go to, would be to send it directly to charitable organizations, who can lay claim to doing this?

Just a thought. You don't necessiarly have to have a DVD/E-book offer to prompt you to dig into your wallets you know...

Sometimes I think that such adverts are kind of like an "Alms before men" type of thing; particularly if one has concerns about the total amount going to that worthy cause in Haiti, Japan, the Ivory Coast, Austrailia, etc., (Pick a spot on the planet that has had some form of natural/man made disaster within the last six months.)
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
[quote]On 2011-04-03 01:16, Reuben Dunn wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-03 05:58, mindpunisher wrote:

Well, an easier way to insure that 100% of the monies go to where they need to go to, would be to send it directly to charitable organizations, who can lay claim to doing this?

Just a thought. You don't necessiarly have to have a DVD/E-book offer to prompt you to dig into your wallets you know...

Sometimes I think that such adverts are kind of like an "Alms before men" type of thing;i.e., we need to have a disaster of epic proportions before "we" do anything. We can feel good about "doing our part" in aid. Particularly if one has concerns about the total amount going to that worthy cause in Haiti, Japan, the Ivory Coast, Austrailia, etc., (Pick a spot on the planet that has had some form of natural/man made disaster within the last six months.)

Personally, I think that the ebooks/dvds etc., should be an afterthought, rather than a pretext for rendering aid to a worth cause. The books and DVDs help, but the delivery of financial aid does tend to get delayed a bit I think.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The Doctor helping Haitai (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL