The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fail Safe TK Pen Kit (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I know there is a thread on Pennys but often people come here for reviews who might not go to Pennys and I don't want anyone to miss out on this great method for a classic effect. And let me get this out of the way; Rich Hennessey and I are friends and on many occasions he has been very generous in sending me his wonderful products as gifts. However, the TK pen is something I purchased from him early on in our acquaintence.

I had Larry White's version and still have Banachek's. I don't know what happened to Larry's, probably the equivalent of spending a gimmicked ccoin! I've had Banachek's for many years and it works as well as it ever has which says a lot. Plus I love the fact that it is common Bic pen, just like the ones I see around everywhere.

I had some concerns about Rich's TK pen at first as it is a Staples brand pen and they are not nearly as ubiquitous where I live in South Florida as the Staple's stores are not as common as other office supply stores yet. The pen itself is very similar to the Bic mentioned above and of the same quality.

At least before Rich worked his magic on it! I find the TK pen much easier to use as well as more reliable and versatile than the other two models I have used. Placement is simpler with less need to fidget to get it right. This allows for a standarization in timing that is far more dependable.

In terms of versatility, the TK pen allows for handlings not possible with other models. It displays a shift before it rolls that sets up the audience for a double punch. And you can control the direction of the roll to a degree where this factor can be incorpoated into a larger effect.

The kit itself comes with two containers that are perfect to use as pedastals to better display the TK pen. They can also serve double duty to hold something integral to your presentation or to incorporate into a preceeding effect and "just happen" to have around when you are deciding how best to display your or an audience member's telekinetic powers.

Rich is more than just the guy with the cool pendulums. The TK Pen Kit is something I can recommend without reservation. Oh, by the way, no one has ever questioned or even commented about the brand! I guess that concern was all in my head!
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Thank-you for your comments about my Failsafe TK Pen Kit Bill!

For those who may be interested in a TK Pen that will move in the direction that the performer desires it to move,and is totally dependable to do what it is supposed to do....here is a link that will provide a few demo clips:

http://tinyurl.com/yjuq8ky

My best.
Rich
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hello:Rich Hennessey here,creator of the Failsafe TK Pen Kit.I have been contacted by several members who have some legitimate questions about the Pen and Kit.

How difficult is it to find the right balance point? > Extremely easy! In fact in the new clip I link to below...I show you how easy by doing it one handed.[I know I'm a showoff] Smile...but it really is a piece of cake.

Is the pen really 'failsafe'?> Absolutely!That is the my main reason for creating it.At tableside,in the heat of performance,I needed a Pen I could depend on ...NOT fail me.As long as you follow my easy instructions in the pdf.,it will work 100% of the time.

Can I use this as a regular 'tip pen' ?> Sure can.

Are the containers gimmicked?> Nope. The containers are meant to:Bring the effect 'front and center';Raise the pen off the surface;Facilitate the amazing rolling action.Never has anyone questioned their use.Many purchasers have told me they no longer do the table edge method because of the range of movements possible with using the containers.[Besides,who wants to undignifiedly bend over at a venue and have to pick up a pen off the floor? Smile ] However,I have gotten some crazy movements using the right wine glasses,salt shakers etc.

How long is reset?>As I show in the clip,it is about five seconds.I often reset while wiping an imaginary speck of dust from the table. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XKUVSzTZQ4

P.S.Please take note of the cool pre roll movements in demo.

Happy trails.
Rich
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Here is a new clip using the Tall Capsule:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=905rIpPfn64

Rich
Pastor Mickey
View Profile
New user
Colorado
97 Posts

Profile of Pastor Mickey
I've been using the Rich's TK pen along with Matt Sconce's 'Spin' and getting great responses. But I discovered something while doing it. For those of you that own both this will make sense. For those that don't it won't make much sense at all, but I can't explain it further without exposing both effects.

I do "Spin" first, and then step further away and use Rich's pen as intended. The little 'pedestal' that Rich includes with his pen works great for both by the way. What I discovered though, was that after doing the special something that Matt's effect calls for, I get WAY more pre-movement from Rich's pen! Sometimes it looks like it's almost bouncing a few times before it falls! I'm actually having it move 5 or 6 times before falling (maybe it has something to do with Matt's effect along with Rich's pedestal???). I don't know if there is any scientific reason for this, or why it does this, but there has been a pretty consistent difference when I do spin first.

Just thought you may like to experiment if you own these.

Rich, thanks for a great product (Matt too, but this is thread is about Rich's pen!). I'm having a blast
with such a simple little tool.

Mickey
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Quote:
On 2010-02-08 21:26, Pastor Mickey wrote:
I've been using the Rich's TK pen along with Matt Sconce's 'Spin' and getting great responses. But I discovered something while doing it. For those of you that own both this will make sense. For those that don't it won't make much sense at all, but I can't explain it further without exposing both effects.

I do "Spin" first, and then step further away and use Rich's pen as intended. The little 'pedestal' that Rich includes with his pen works great for both by the way. What I discovered though, was that after doing the special something that Matt's effect calls for, I get WAY more pre-movement from Rich's pen! Sometimes it looks like it's almost bouncing a few times before it falls! I'm actually having it move 5 or 6 times before falling (maybe it has something to do with Matt's effect along with Rich's pedestal???). I don't know if there is any scientific reason for this, or why it does this, but there has been a pretty consistent difference when I do spin first.

Rich, thanks for a great product (Matt too, but this is thread is about Rich's pen!). I'm having a blast

Mickey

What a great idea!!! (Smacking my forehead) Wish I'd thought of it!
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:

Mickey

Very nice thinking Mickey.I am happy you are enjoying the Failsafe TK Pen Kit.

My best.
Rich

P.S.

Here are some comments from another Café' thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Well, add my name to the list...this is indeed the best "PK" pen effect I've owned. Truly works nearly 100% of the time, cool pre-tip movements if you follow the simple instructions, no long waits but not too fast either...just right! I played with mine during a rare snow storm in Texas so temp has no effect on it.
Not sure what he's got inside this thing but it's a huge improvement over the many types I've purchased over the years. Reset is ten seconds, literally. Best of all, it's inexpensive.

Love it.Buy it.

Oh, and some expressed some concern over the pen style but I don't know what they're talking about. It's as unremarkable as any Bic style pen.
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
I'm hoping to add my review soon, sounds good so far!
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

Mickey

Thank you for sharing the experiment. Very nice idea!

Smile
P.S. I'm eagerly waiting for mine to arrive. Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Rooman:Thank-you for your sincere comments.I am glad you are enjoying your Failsafe TK Pen Kit.

Narendra,it should be arriving very soon. Smile

Happy trails.

Rich
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Thank you Rich. Smile

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I purchased Matt Sconce's 'Spin' download lastnite.It looks like this may make a nice companion to my 'Failsafe TK Pen Kit'.

I can't wait to play with it later today.

Happy trails.
Rich
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Here is a fun little thing I sometimes do at tableside[also good for parlour].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3XtQls1aPE

I usually use one of my table tents,but as you can see it also can be done with an index card[actually,all I had was the flimsy el cheapo brand so I glued two together.I also used an 'L' shaped piece of invisible tape to secure one side to the table [for stability].If you can find a stiff piece of cardboard you won't need the tape.

All I say is:"I am going to place this pen on the card so all can see.I will concentrate on the pen,and try and get it to move".[I say nothing about it clipping on...and I act as surprised as the guests when it does].

Try it,you may like it.

Happy trails.
Rich
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Folks,

I've been using Rick's TK Failsafe pen for a couple of weeks and am pleased to report that it is wonderful;

You'll need to develop a story line or an appropriate patter; I use a plastic RX pill tube with a fake rubber eyeball inside (call it a shayman's eyeball or whatever suits you); The pill tube is inverted on the table (cap side down) strategically place the pen on the bottom of the tube; have the specs concentrate on the pen with one eye closed etc.;

Bravo Zulu to Rick for coming up with a novel method, and by the way take advantage of his extra pen deal;

BWind
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2010-02-19 12:26, BWind wrote:
Folks,

I've been using Rick's TK Failsafe pen for a couple of weeks and am pleased to report that it is wonderful;

You'll need to develop a story line or an appropriate patter; I use a plastic RX pill tube with a fake rubber eyeball inside (call it a shayman's eyeball or whatever suits you); The pill tube is inverted on the table (cap side down) strategically place the pen on the bottom of the tube; have the specs concentrate on the pen with one eye closed etc.;

Bravo Zulu to Rick for coming up with a novel method, and by the way take advantage of his extra pen deal;

BWind

Thank-you BWind!

I must say your routine is quite interesting,and it must be a real rip to see the guests staring at the eyeball in the capsule with one of their own eyes closed....and then the Pen moves.Nice thinking!Doesn't fit my own performance style,but way to be unique!

Thank-you also for suggesting purchasing 'Extra TK Pens'.In fact I have a deal available that I ofered a couple of purchasers who wanted more than the Extra Pen[$16]Here it is:The price of all Pens purchased after the first Extra Pen is only $12.
So,if you own the Kit,and would like to purchase let's say...3 extra pens...the total would be:$16+$12+$12=$40..which averages out to around $13.33 per pen.

My best.
Rich
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
My thoughts on the "Failsafe TK Pen Kit"

I purchased the new Failsafe TK Pen Kit designed & developed by Rich Hennessey. On placing my order, Rich promptly shipped the TK Pen(s). I received the package in just 10 days. That is what I call great service! Smile

The kit has two pens (one special pen that writes), and a duplicate regular pen. You will also receive two special plastic containers which are used as pedestals. The plastic container helps in enhancing the rolling effect. The containers are transparent and are NOT gimmicked in any way. The containers play an important role when doing such effects. They are meant to:

(a) Bring the effect 'front and center'

(b) Raise the pen off the surface

(c) Facilitate the amazing rolling action

(d) Helps the pen to move in a range of movements

Once you order the Failsafe TK Pen, you will promptly receive an instructional PDF in your mail box. This PDF contains many tips and ideas. This way you can be up to speed when the Kit arrives. Smile

The pen worked flawlessly right out of the box.

By following the PDF instructions you can even have a guest select the direction they wish for the pen to move!

Unlike the conventional TK Pens, the ‘Failsafe TK Pen’ doesn’t just pop off the table edge. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I have at least a dozen + different pens including my own creations. However I would like to point out that the Rich's Failsafe TK Pens are among the best I have seen so far. The Failsafe TK Pen is different from the rest as it has some kind of a new and unique trigger mechanism that makes the pen to do an amazing rolling action while it is just about to tip & fall. I have also found that the timing can be controlled much accurately.

The Failsafe TK Pen is very easy to use and one can find the right balance point quickly & easily. Also the pen is much more reliable and versatile than the other types of pens I have used.

While talking on the versatility of the pen, the TK pen allows for handlings that otherwise is not possible with other models - like, you can accurately control the direction of the roll.

The ‘Failsafe TK Pen Kit’ is something I can recommend without any reservation.

My money well spent! Smile

Smile
P.S. Thank you Rich for bringing to us this wonder pen! Smile
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Narendra:Thank-you for your accurate review of my 'Failsafe TK Pen Kit'.You really did hit on all the points that are important....especially the fact that the performer has control over not only that the Pen will move,but which 'direction' the Pen will move.

When I ask a guest[after the first demonstration]:"Which way[torward you or torward me?] would you like the Pen to roll"?...and then the Pen actually does roll in that direction...that is what...in the minds of 'regular folks' really seems impossible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epkuUKYc_nM

http://tinyurl.com/mnqmdw

Thank-you again Narendra.

Happy trails.
Rich
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I am having better results with the tall capsule - seems to be more consistent and placement of the pen is easier. Which capsule do others prefer?
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2010-03-03 11:02, aligator wrote:
I am having better results with the tall capsule - seems to be more consistent and placement of the pen is easier. Which capsule do others prefer?

Howdy Aligator.I am happy you are having good results with the Tall Capsule,but the Flat Container is also awesome...especially for controlling the direction of the roll as well as nice 'pre movements'.
It's all about correct placement. I probably put these up before,but the following clips will show the sultleties of how to place the pen on the Flat Container:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NMByug5ejI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epkuUKYc_nM

Happy trails.
Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fail Safe TK Pen Kit (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL