The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » One of the best levitation , but why is not too much famous? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
illuzzionz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of illuzzionz
First time I've seen it!
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
This is the 'La Junior' levitation created by Yogano from France and you find it in his book 'Yogano Illusions Revealed' (available from Stevens & Viking magic)
It's not easy to make and difficult to perform...
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Personally I use it and I think in some situation is really great,

but who can explaine me why is not really famous?
I think an illusion like this one ,
really self contain and relativly cheaper can be great for many many performers,( well not really for any performers but ...)
why.....
it's a real mistery for me know why.....
we have out there some famous levitations like Magellan or Gamolo or...but personally I think this is better,

most % of sedicent Illusionists don't know this levi....
explaine why please...
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Fabrice, I think in the beginning a lot of Yogano's illusion concepts stayed in the Yogano family.
Anyway, I think illusions become famous only if presented in a original manner around the world, speically on TV. If this is not done nobody will know about it.

I've heard aswell years ago, but this seems to be a rumour, about an argue between Ken Whitaker's Impaled Illusion and Yogano's Broom Impale ??? Thing like this may not help the business either.

Oliver.
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
I remember too this rumour,

but anyway if an idea is great ......
thanks.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Hadn't seen this until now. I'm inspired to check out Yogano.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I just called Stevens Magic and placed an order for Yogano's book. I can't wait to read up on the life and times of this great illusion builder.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Profile of Fantasy Knight
I want, I need, I'm going to get it LOL... now that I like and best of all the part where its self contained.
HEY KENT, what did you do grab up the last book there, they said there all out of stock now... THANKS..LAUGHING..... well I'm going to be waiting to get this book now.
Fabrice, if you have this could you tell me a few things, did you make yours or did you have someone else make it, and I'm going to assume this is attached to my body in some form so is this like a closing illusion cause I'm guessing id be stuck with this on for some period of time YES?
Rafael, I see you said its not easy to make, how about a ball park figure as to a price to put this together.

Rick Anderson
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
The levi looks nice. It isn't famous because the demo video sucks.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
To anyone interested ,
I'm selling a previous version of this Levitation,
that was more a suspension that a levitation whit a little rotation ,
it was called La Madrid ,
and it's also good and versatile like that Levitation,
and iit can be fit the same inside a bag...
contact me if interested.
a short clip can be seen ( is not me in the video) here in this video,
look the levitation on the bed :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298zG3TwH9Y
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Anyway I think the original idea come from Burling Hull...
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Replay to Fantasy Knight,
this Version on the first clip I made myself( the book explaine deeply even what you can't imagine),
the other Levi/suspension on the other clip ( is not me in the video ) I bought from a dealer and is an Original one ,
anyway both versions basically are the same idea ,
and you need a little bit more practise that a classic levitation ,
anyway is not really for evrybody ,
peronally when I builded it few years before I builded it whit a fast release ,
so I can put on / off in a few seconds..
I hope this can help.
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Totally helps Fabrice, the version you mentioned you have for sale, could you pm me with your asking price for this. Thanks.

Rick Anderson
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Quote:
On 2010-02-04 08:43, Fabrice Milella wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCCj2IapagA
enjoy....
Fabrice.

When I clicked on this link I got a YouTube message stating this "This video is private." Smile
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Hey Donal Chayce, I tried it just now myself, I guess now it is private, but it wasn't when Fabrice Milella posted it, I guess this is one of them cases where the early bird gets the worm, I'm sure someone here will find another video of the same idea, actually the one that Fabrice Milella added with the bed idea is pretty much the same idea, but the other guy was on a glass table and on the beach but the video quality wasn't the greatest anyways. Just look at the one with the bed it looked simular to that. SORRY you missed it but, but take my word it looked great.

Rick Anderson
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Sorry the video it's again not private..
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
The piece in the second video, the promotional for Mauro, is similar to something that Bill Siros from Houston did way back in the 60's, if I'm not mistaken. Bill Palmer might be able to tell us more about it. In Mauro's video, it's only a suspension. In the first video, Yogano does something that is a levitation, much more impressive, especially with uncut video. Too bad.

With these pieces, you're not seeing the performers walking into position, and you're seeing situations that require more than one person. Several, in the case of Mauro.

The reason that the Magellan is so popular and well reviewed, is because there is nothing worn, your walk to center stage is unencumbered, and it doesn't require the training or hiring an assistant, although you CAN float an assistant if you would like. The stage is clean before, clean after, if you choose to clear or load in front of the audience. It's not perfect... It can't be done surrounded, in high stiletto heels, or in the wind. But, that's about it for limitations. Another plus is that there are no moving parts employed during the levitation. It's a solid piece. I would assume that servicing the Yogano mechanism shown in the prior video would be a real job!

Regardless, Yogano's achievements in levitation and suspension are substantial and positive! I have always enjoyed watching the Saturn, and hope to someday see it live. It's one of my favorites.

I would love to hear what Yogano thinks of the Magellan. I will send him a picture of my gimmick to look at, if he ever asked. I'm sure that you would have some really constructive input, with all of his experience in different methods of achieving levitation without a lot of bases and contrivances.

From what I understand, the first of the vids, the one with Yogano, required that he open it with a jazz piece, so that he could play a saxophone while walking to the stage... The extremity of playing the saxophone masked the difficulty of walking that distance to stage while set up for the performance of the effect.

Thanks for this post and thread, I'm enjoying it!!!

Jimmy Fingers
JimmyH
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of JimmyH
This looked pretty cool!
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Thanks Jimmy,
I love your Magellan,
and nobody doubt about it is great idea.
About Yogano La Madrid and La junior are confortable and don't need nothing strange to perform them ,
so no saxophone or nothing like this,
you just can walk freely,
of course you can't do a Marathon or a Contorsionist's act but if you need just go in /out of the stage or put it on and use it after few minutes you can do this freely whitout strange movements,
of course depent all from your act,
anyway I prefer use this levi than a classic super x or a classic Gamolo,
this is more versatile but for shure need more rehorse and more practise,
thanks.

P.S.
A question for Jimmy Fingers:

I have seen few years ago a Greek /german magician performing a classic manipulation act,
what was great was his finale,
at the end of his performance he was doing a growing gag ( ceck the picture http://www.supermagic.it/magic/artisti/l......ros.html )

this guy perform this act sice from the 1998 I tink,

anyway he was using something good but look he was able to go really high this performance from this guy remind me also the " new" Paul Daniel box levi but I'm not shure about it,
do you know this young guy or somebody here know him and his great act?
how to contact him?
thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » One of the best levitation , but why is not too much famous? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL