The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » NEED some HELP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Hey Everyone...

I need some help here from you coin folks...

I just purchased a School Craft Morgan Flipper Coin and a School Craft Morgan Expanded Shell USED from 2 different people here on the Café. Both coins are beautiful and were perfect...for the first week.

I use this for Josh Jays's squeaky clean vanish.

However...now once the flipper is nested inside of the shell, the flipper get's STUCK inside and it takes quite a bit of work to get it out. The shell no longer will just lift off the flipper.

WHY is this and is there anything I can do to fix this issue...?

PLEASE HELP...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Christopher,

If I am not mistaken the flipper usually has to be made to fit within the exp [. I know that Jamie makes a separate "Dean's Exp [ Set" based on Dean Dill's specs, and also makes a "Dean's Flipper" that will fit within the "Dean's Set" ['s.

You should contact Jamie Schoolcraft to see if he can make any adjustments that would allow the flipper to fit.

Jim
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
The Deans set [ is not expanded, I think: the normal coins are cut down to fit. An expanded [ would fit over a normal flipper, I would expect. It sounds like the ] has become a bit deformed. Have you tried the trick of nesting the two with a (v thin) silk in between, and then separating them? If you do this a few times it may come back into shape.
Jolyon Jenkins
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-02-05 08:21, rjenkins wrote:
The Deans set [ is not expanded, I think: the normal coins are cut down to fit. An expanded [ would fit over a normal flipper, I would expect. It sounds like the ] has become a bit deformed. Have you tried the trick of nesting the two with a (v thin) silk in between, and then separating them? If you do this a few times it may come back into shape.

WOW! That seemed to do the trick perfectly. That's good to know! So how did it get deformed? Even tho' I got them used from the Café' they were still brand new and never used. They worked fine for a week and then the issue began to happen?

I have been keeping them both stored in the nested position inside of a coin purse. Is there a better way to store these two coins to prevent this from happening again?

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
manreb
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of manreb
Christopher

Quick question - If you rotate the f***per while the f***per is nested in the [ does it rotate freely or does it stick?

Joe
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

It rotates freely...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Sounds like your [ got dinged somehow. Keeping it nested with a coin or flipper in a purse should be OK.
Metatron
View Profile
Elite user
Port Orchard, Washington
436 Posts

Profile of Metatron
Do you carry other coins in the purse also. Sometimes the coins will shift in your purse and the [ will lift slightly and any other coins in with it can cause enough pressure to deform it.

Sometimes by putting a silk or some tissue paper in your coin purse to keep everything from shifting will help.

Metatron
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Thanks for the advice everyone...

The problem is now fixed...the silk bit mentioned above worked well. When I'm not using the shell, I'll keep it better protected in the purse...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1941 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2010-02-05 15:57, manreb wrote:
Christopher

Quick question - If you rotate the f***per while the f***per is nested in the [ does it rotate freely or does it stick?

Joe

The [ on my HH set catches when I rotate the nested part. I've tried the silk trick - even going up to 2-3 layers of silk -- but it still catches. I see no obvious dings, etc. Should I just keep adding layers? I don't want to over-do it and stretch things too far, or stretch the wrong spot?
Metatron
View Profile
Elite user
Port Orchard, Washington
436 Posts

Profile of Metatron
The ding or burr may be on the coin or set that you are covering. I wouldn't expand the [ much further. Take some very fine sandpaper and run it once or twice around the inside of the shell. Perhaps once or twice around the edges of the coin or set. DON'T OVER DO THIS. But it may remove any burrs.

Metatron
manreb
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of manreb
Before you resort to fine sandpaper, if you need tp use emery cloth. take a ctticle stick with a soft cloth and bsome nail polish remover, clean the side of the coin. Rotate to check the gaff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » NEED some HELP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL