The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A new Bendix Bombshell hits the market (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1077 Posts

Profile of taller8
For all of you wallet junkies out there.

I can't wait to add this to my pile of leather.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/bendix-bom......721.html
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2437 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I can't tell from the photo. Does this have straps or is it z-fold only?
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
Z fold, it's nice.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2214 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
What size is it, like the original or hip pocked size?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1077 Posts

Profile of taller8
I didn't order this, I just saw that it's new.
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Did anyone get this?

I would like to know the leather quality of the wallet.

Thank you.

Rock
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
I don't own this particular one, but speaking from experience of having used the Bombshell since Roy Roth first put it out almost 30 years ago (I got my first one from Roy and then bought several for a lecture tour when I was in South Wales at Roy & Irene's home,) the Bendix Bombshell should NOT be a Z-fold. For reasons of convenient handling it absolutely MUST have straps.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5264 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I can't vouch for this particular wallet either as. Idont own it, but I can vouch for runawayjag's (John Mendoza's) routine using, "Bendix Bombshell," in his DVD "My Best Volume 2" -- it's incredibly strong!
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
It's not a Z fold — it has straps like the original.
Alternative Magic
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Can you get to the other side easier with this new model? Smile That was always a bit of a contortionist act with the original.

Robert
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I have John Mendoza's dvd and he gets the signed cards from the zippered compartment of the wallet (RAR)without any trouble, I have a Himber and a Z bombshell wallet and I can not get the card as easier as John does it with his wallet.

Peter: in Phantom of the Wallet you use a bomshell, but looks like more a Z type than the one we are discussing here, is this correct?
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
Sorry about the misinformation regarding straps or z-fold. I was thinking of those cheap folding wallets with the "x" straps. Yes, this has straps, but they are hardly noticeable.
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Hi pabloinus

Yes. The wallet supplied with Phantom of the Wallet is a Z-fold. It works like a Bombshell (card placed into a slot on one side will be inside zippered compartment in the other side), but the wallet has no straps.
Alternative Magic
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of afknight
Quote:
On 2010-02-08 21:05, Robert M wrote:
Can you get to the other side easier with this new model? Smile That was always a bit of a contortionist act with the original.

Robert

the original also had a very stiff left side (when opened, the side in which the card goes), almost like cardboard although it was leather. It might be due to the dimension of the wallet as well (it's rather wide). If they made this wallet in a size similar to the JOL Plus Wallet it would be great imo.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Did anybody get the wallet? any word on the quality of the leather and workmanship?
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
No responses ...so I just bought the wallet from Penguin, hopefully it will be here next week. As soon as I get it I will post a review.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of afknight
Quote:
On 2010-02-12 16:54, pabloinus wrote:
No responses ...so I just bought the wallet from Penguin, hopefully it will be here next week. As soon as I get it I will post a review.

anxiously awaiting your review. thanks for taking the plunge for all of us wallet enthusiasts.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5896 Posts

Profile of motown
I would be interested to know the exact size of the wallet, what the differences are from the old version and what the book is like that's included. How many routines are in it? How many pages and who are the contributers to it?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
WingChun
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of WingChun
I second all the questions made by motown. Maybe we must ask to Runawyjag for the size and the quality of the original Roy Roth version... Thanks in advance to all member You give a review. GN.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
My Bombshell is 7" long and 4" wide. Mine is a second generation RAR (my original one gave up the ghost LONG ago having been used literally thousands of times.) There is a knack to removing the card or cards from the zippered compartment which I address in the L&L DVD. There are a couple steps that make it effortless. First is the placement of the card into the pocket. With the pocket to your left, the card should be placed in and then be canted so the upper right corner literally touches the seam of the center of the wallet. That is vital because due to the construction of the wallet, if you don't do this, a leather flap will cover the card when it's in the zippered part, making it very difficult to remove without fumbling. I always close the wallet, left to right, and then tap the edge on the table to assure that the corner of the card is fully against the seam. Then I set the wallet down, now reversed. It looks like just a gesture before tabling the closed wallet.

Secondly, before you remove the card, turn the wallet 180 degrees so the zippered part is to your left. The left hand pinches the outer end of compartment to keep it shut. If you don't do this, it can buckle and literally show how the trick works. The easiest way to remove the card is to use a scissors grip with your fore and middle fingers. Putting the thumb in takes too much space and you have to open the zippered edge too much. Just hold the right hand palm up and put the fingertips in and grip the corner, forefinger underneath and middle finger on top, and pull toward yourself and out. Pulling toward yourself first frees the card from the pocket and makes withdrawal easier.

If you have one and follow with the wallet in hand, this will all be clear to you. I don't know the actual construction of this new one, but this procedure works with virtually every model I've encountered, so give it a try.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A new Bendix Bombshell hits the market (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL