The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Favorite Con? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
That's what I heard too. I know there's a strategy, but I forget how the pattern works.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
You could play it as follows...

Each player slides along one or two beads. The person who slides along the last beed loses. As long as you slide across the opposite number to your opponent, you'll always win.

It would be better with 21 beads.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
On 2010-02-14 02:10, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-09 12:27, Police Magician wrote:
I enjoy the "Gamblers Beads" that I bought from Bruce Walstad years ago. The sequence is simple and I can win every time, if I want too. It is a dowel stick with 19 beads on it and the last bead is a different color. Love to use it on my co workers and family.

Glenn

How does the game play out?

It sounds like Nim!

You could call it a Nim Rod!
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
There is a discussion about Gamblers Beads on Whit's forum. You can push up to three beads at one time and allow the player to win or lose. It is similar in principle to NIM.

Glenn
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

Correction to my first post. 19 beads with the 20th bead a different color. There are two threads on the Scoundrels Forum on this with the sequence shown as well as a picture of the beads and others who made their own. If you cannot find it on SFS forum, search Gamblers Beads and the posts will pop up. If you still have trouble, PM me and I will show you the links.

Glenn
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
http://scoundrelsforum.com/index.php?topic=1930.0

Here is a link.

It is essentially NIM with a rod of beads.

What if, you played the game with 21 beads BUT had a 22nd bead hidden in the ball at the end of the stick?

If they go first, you follow the 'always adds up to four' rule and win.
If you go first, you add the bead and then slide it across, then follow the rules as usual.
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

This is another link to this discussion. http://scoundrelsforum.com/index.php?topic=1925.10

Nick, I like your thoughts on the 21 beads with a 22nd one hidden.
gphrenol
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of gphrenol
The shell game is a classic that people love to see. They know it is controlled but think they can win anyway. Fast and loose had to be sold as a more honest con as the normal person is pretty bamboozled by the moves and just do not follow the lay that well.
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
I like Haydn's routine for Fast and Loose as well as Chef Anton. However, are there other routines that are outstanding? Just want to expand and see what else can be done with the chain. Perhaps some funny routine.
If any body knows of any routines, please let me know. thanks
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Paper, Scissors, Stone betcha works for me....

PM me for more details
WulfieSmith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Favorite Con? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL