The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin in hand changes question. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Are there any coin tricks out there where you put a coin in a person's hand and it
changes to another coin? If you put a half dollar in someone's hand and it
changes to a Chinese coin?

I saw Tommy Wonder do this.
narcoleptic_insomniac
View Profile
Regular user
Kenosha, WI
140 Posts

Profile of narcoleptic_insomniac
I don't think this thread belongs in the Trick Coin Trickery forum...

To answer your question, though, yes -- there are many, many ways to accomplish this effect. Moreover, the transposition need not be to another coin. Although there might be gaffs out there to accomplish this, all of the methods I've seen are purely slight of hand. For such a simple effect, a gimmick would probably be a waste of time and money.

I've noticed you've been posting a lot requesting basic coin magic info (vanishes, transpositions, etc). I would strongly suggest doing some research and picking up a copy of Bobo's Modern Coin Magic... if you already own a copy, then I would suggest studying the Bobo switch and utility switches in general.
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
That's exactly what I was going to suggest. The Bobo switch can accomplish this. And actually, I use this all of the time with kids, but I use the Crimp Change. I agree with narcoleptic_insomniac.
Looking for a coin?
A coin holder or accessory?
THE COIN MAGICIAN'S RESOURCE:
The Magician's Coin
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
I have the Bobo coin book.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3032 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Quote:
On 2010-02-07 09:36, paul007007 wrote:

Then you have most answers. Its just a matter of practice,patter and solid routining. Most of what I see all have a base off of Bobo books and then a tweak or handling variation.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
338 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
If you can swing it try Modern Coin magic on DVD. Excellent.Also will answer many of your questions.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1943 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2010-02-07 10:58, AnthonyJD wrote:
If you can swing it try Modern Coin magic on DVD. Excellent.Also will answer many of your questions.

There's more than one DVD featuring material from Modern Coin Magic (aka 'Bobo').
Are you referring to the four DVD set from Magic Makers?
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
338 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Yes I have the 4 dvd set purchased it on sale from Ben Salinas
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1943 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
For a specifically gaffed handling, you could always do Lethal Tender in your spectator's hand.
Mithrandir
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island N.Y.
111 Posts

Profile of Mithrandir
Scotch and soda types of tricks ( gaffed And ungaffed ).
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26990 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2010-02-06 19:47, paul007007 wrote:
Are there any coin tricks out there where you put a coin in a person's hand and it

One of the tricks in Scot's Discoverie of Witchcraft - dates back to the 1500s in print.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
narcoleptic_insomniac
View Profile
Regular user
Kenosha, WI
140 Posts

Profile of narcoleptic_insomniac
Quote:
On 2010-02-07 10:57, Rizzo wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-07 09:36, paul007007 wrote:

Then you have most answers. Its just a matter of practice,patter and solid routining.

To the OP: Exactly... and keep in mind, you do not need a full scripted routine to perform an effect -- invent your own. Necessity is the mother of all invention, or so they say. If you can perform a solid utility switch, then you can accomplish this illusion; 10% of it is slight of hand, the remaining 90% is all timing, showmanship and patter.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
486 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Chinatown half for Half to Chinese. Even better if you use a flesh colored insert.
For Copper to Silver you can always use a copper/silver gaff.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Check out John Scarne's Copper and Silver Trick in Stars of Magic.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3632 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Look at the copper silver DVD set (vol. 2,3, and 4) in the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD series. Also, in vol 1 (coins across), there are several ways to get a coin into the specator's hand. The process can be applied to any coin trick where you need to put something into a spectator's hand.
NEW MANUSCRIPT - TWILIGHT ZONE WILD COIN. All New!! As seen on Penn and Teller Fool Us! PM for details!
Rattle purse 2.0 now available! PM me for details!
New FOUR hour Penguin Live lecture TWO with 23 NEW routines, available for download at: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7338
Penguin Live lecture One is THREE hours long, and contains 18 coin effects! Available as a dvd or download from Penguin at http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5960
New York Coin Magic Seminar dvd series available for download at: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/magic-dvds/new-york-coin-magic-seminar-downloads/
NEW!! At The Table 2 hour lecture download OR DVD containing 11 routines, including THREE never taught before! Download and dvd avaliable at http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22380 or http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22833
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-02-07 13:35, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-06 19:47, paul007007 wrote:

One of the tricks in Scot's Discoverie of Witchcraft - dates back to the 1500s in print.

Just received my copy of Discoverie of Witchcraft. Looks like an interesting read!

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin in hand changes question. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL