The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Mardi Gras! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Mardi Gras! down here in Dixie has been going on since last weekend. Today started the second week of it. Everything is Purple, Gold and Green (Apple green). You smell good food cooking everywhere. There is plenty of live music and live entertainment. If you are not in a parade, start one.

Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) is officially (in New Orleans) February 16th this year. But the calendar has never stopped them from getting an early start. It's a moving target. (Plus the Super Bowl adds a little to it this Sunday.)

Many of the places have stage magic and allow street magic but you will need to be on theme. Make plans! Even bad weather here in February isn't that bad.

How many of you have ever done Mardi Gras magic or even have Mardi Gras routines in the correct colors? With silk it is an easy transition. You will need to learn about Moon Pies!

Scheme!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- One of the problems is that there are no bad cooks down here. You'll gain weight unless you dance enough.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
I remember when the SAM Convention was in New Orleans, everyone was throwing beads into the audience as part of their square circle productions.

We have to wait until April/May for things to get crazy here in Louisville. The Kentucky Derby is our "Mardi Gras" with two weeks leading up to the final night
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Crispy,

There have been times when the Derby and Mother's Day came together there. Was that an accident?

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Have never done Mardis Gras. I'm more of a Carnivale king of guy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/masterpayne/3327183624/
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
I guess it works out if your mother likes mint juleps and leftover Derby Pie
Cranky Taoist
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Cranky Taoist
Welcome back Payne. Smile
There's nothing one can do to stop 1 post from believing it is
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I wondered why I picked a THIS production with the color scheme that I did, until Bob pointed out that they were in Mardi Gras colors. All those Michigan parties, where beads were present, bring back some fond memories. Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There is even some snow. Down here, that is a magic trick! (Maybe that's why Mardi Gras beads are never white!)

Bob Sanders
Magic by Sander

PS --- Dirty rice can cure anything!
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Mardi Gras! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL