The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Political Correctness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Is there something you'd like to discuss, or were you just using a public space for a soapbox?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Yes, could you give us a couple of examples of Political Correctness that have bothered you?
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Sounds like Magical Dimensions plagerized that comment and like the rest of us has no idea what it means.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm lost.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

WOW, you guys are really really thinking to deep here.

I just thought it was funny. Heck it is funny.

Ray
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Who wrote it?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That was submitted to a contest for current definitions of terms. The only name I found associated with it in search is Alan Peters or Peter Alan, one of the two I forgot.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-02-08 21:12, MagicSanta wrote:
That was submitted to a contest for current definitions of terms. The only name I found associated with it in search is Alan Peters or Peter Alan, one of the two I forgot.

Maybe, maybe not, I don't know.

I found some page from February, 2010, claiming that this was submitted to a contest earlier this year, but I also find the same quote on several web pages dating back to at least 2004.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Political Correctness

A means of taking away freedom.

It will soon be Political Incorrect not to carry the little red book of the Great Leader Chairman Mao. Not being able to quote it on demand word perfect will result in an on the spot plastic bag being put over the offenders head until dead. Which will be enforced by the good citizens. Not to mention other forms of Political Correctness that must be followed.

By order of Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler and the rest of the gang.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I don't know...don't really care, I thought we were gonna get into a cool politically correctness debate.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is no debate about Political Correctness you are told what is expected and that is that.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
It is certainly not PC for Magical Dimmensions to post someone else's writing without at least saying it was a quote if not specifically giving credit where credit was due. Kinda makes you wonder if that ethic is also present in his magic.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I know. . . let's play a new game. . . how many of these can we spot?

http://www.cracked.com/article_16605_8-m......ers.html
What would Wavy do?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-02-08 20:05, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I think the doctrine is based on the premise that niceness is a higher principle than truth.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Political correctness is a doctrine? Get serious.

Political correctness is is a term of abuse. i.e. to call something "politically correct" is to call it small minded or hypocritical.

But above all, those who rail against political correctness are usually attempting to cover up their own prejudice.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-02-08 21:41, lebowski wrote:
It is certainly not PC for Magical Dimmensions to post someone else's writing without at least saying it was a quote if not specifically giving credit where credit was due. Kinda makes you wonder if that ethic is also present in his magic.

That is too funny.. Thanks for the laugh, my freind... LOL

Best
Ray
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-02-08 22:43, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Political correctness is a doctrine? Get serious.

Political correctness is is a term of abuse. i.e. to call something "politically correct" is to call it small minded or hypocritical.

But above all, those who rail against political correctness are usually attempting to cover up their own prejudice.

John

Interesting. Disagree, but interesting. In fact, I disagree to the point of "Get serious" myself, with respect to "small minded," "hypocritical," and "usually attempting to cover up their own prejudice." But still...interesting.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I agree with the Lobo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Political Correctness (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL